Old Pics, mostly from Brazil...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mariozi:
Have little experience w/ these sites, some friends use PBase, what do you think?

Pbase is good, somewhat more of a community feel to it than photobucket, lots of very talented amateur and pro photographers on it.

Can't go wrong with either frankly, but photobucket is bit more user friendly in that it gives you the code for posting images right below each image..

If you want to post pics, i'd use Photobucket, if you want somewhere that you can get input back on your images, join groups, search all the photos taken with a particular camera or lens, i'd go with Pbase or even Flickr...

Thanks!
I've been looking them up and just went Flickr, mainly because they are Creative Commons friendly, and I can easily add this license to my pictures on the site.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariozi
Here is the adress, will post more in a few days.

Here are the latest ones... these were shot a year ago.

195058287_79d307afbb.jpg

195058286_005ff0e058.jpg

195058284_452419c27f.jpg

195058282_e4437449bb.jpg

195058281_810a5204d3.jpg

195058279_566eabf973.jpg

Hope you like.

Hey Mariozi, those shots are all great wonderful composition.
I've been meaning to shoot wrecks with a diver just off it to add to the photo..

Never can seem to pull it off however.
I prefer the color shots, lovely deep rich blues there.
Are these film shots?

Think the second shot might be the best of the bunch... :) .

Yes, the BW ones were done on GIMP with a newly found BW script, that allows you to choose the color/intensity of the filters applied... It was one of the few things I missed most on GIMP when compared to PS.
At 60m is easy to find this deep blue, all you have to do is not be fooled by the camera meter and drop exposure by 1.0 stop at least. Otherwise you will get what I call 18%Blue.
Film Kodak E200 scanned on a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400.

Hi Augusto!!!

People, Augusto Valente is a good friend of mine and nice UWPhotographer from Rio de Janeiro city (I live in Niterói... a better town on the other side of the bay :14: )
I invited him in and I am glad he could join us!!!
Welcome man!

Hey, why dont you add some pics from Brazil here Augusto?

Back
Top Bottom