Old Pics, mostly from Brazil...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mariozi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
These are old pics when ScubaDiving Mag published in their site as Photographer of the Week... basically you just have to send your pictures I believe.

The site is:
http://www.scubadiving.com/photography/photographer_of_the_week/marcelo_mariozi_of_niteroi%2c_brazil_%28june_2005%29/

062305PW_mariozi_01_lg.jpg

Dive Site: Papagaio Island
Marine Life ID: Sea star
Camera and Settings: Nikon F80s in NX-80 housing with Nikkor AF-D 105mm/2.8 macro lens and Kenko Pro300 3x teleconverter, 1/125 sec, f-22, one YS-120 and one YS-90 strobe on TTL.
Description: Recently, I have been devoting myself to super-macro pictures. This picture was taken on the closest focus distance and represents a 3:1 magnification. It is very hard to control focus under this setting and the sea was pretty choppy.

062305PW_mariozi_02_lg.jpg

Camera and Settings: Nikon F80s in NX-80 housing with Sigma 8mm/4 lens, 1/125 sec, f-13, one YS-120 and one YS-90 strobe on TTL.
Description: I really like creative techniques and multiple exposures. My intention was to put the viewer inside the housing.

062305PW_mariozi_03_lg.jpg

Marine Life ID: Frogfish
Camera and Settings: Nikon F80s in NX-80 housing with Nikkor AF-D 24-85/2.8-4 macro lens at 35mm with the macro switch on, Mode A 1/125 sec, f-11, one YS-120 and one YS-90 strobe on TTL.
Description: Perhaps the most difficult category in the National Championship is the Wide Angle Fish category. This year, I had the luck of finding this wonderful frogfish.

All very impressive! Thanks for posting them.

Thanks...
I dont dive as much as I wanted so most of these pictures were taken under championship pressure.

062305PW_mariozi_04_lg.jpg

Marine Life ID: Frogfish
Camera and Settings: Nikon F80s in NX-80 housing with Nikkor AF-D 105mm/2.8 macro lens and Kenko Pro300 3x teleconverter, 1/125 sec, f-22, one YS-120 and one YS-90 strobe on TTL.
Description: Another example of a 3:1 magnification.

062305PW_mariozi_05_lg.jpg

Dive Site: Murdeira Bay
Camera and Settings: Nikon N80 in Hugyfot housing with Nikkor AF-D 16mm/2.8 fisheye, 1/125 sec, f-11, one YS-120 and one YS-90 strobe on TTL.
Description: My wife, Cassy, was very reluctant toward cave-diving, until we went diving in this amazingly beautiful cave complex on Palmera, Sal Island.

062305PW_mariozi_06_lg.jpg

Dive Site: Corveta Ipiranga V-17 (Ipiranga Gunboat V-17)
Camera and Settings: Nikonos V with Nikkor AF-D 16mm/2.8 fisheye lens inside an Aquatica Aqualens Kit, 1/30 sec, f-8, YS-120.
Description: This is the approach on the descent to the V-17, and you can see the whole ship. Once on the deck if you look up you can see the dive boat on the surface 55 meters above you!

062305PW_mariozi_07_lg.jpg

Dive Site: Corveta Ipiranga V-17 (Ipiranga Gunboat V-17)
Marine Life ID: Coral on propeller and good friend and fellow photographer Caio Borghoff
Camera and Settings: Nikonos V with Nikkor AF-D 16mm/2.8 fisheye lens inside an Aquatica Aqualens Kit, 1/60 sec, f-8, one YS-120 strobe
Description: This is the best dive in Brazil, in my humble opinion. It is a gunboat that sank in 1980. It is perfectly upright in 60m(!) of water. This photo was taken on the only night dive I have ever done there.

Beautiful pictures Mariozi. I really like the second one and the cave picture is fantastic.

Night diving in 60m is not much different from night diving in 15m...
the difference is the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down, following the cable.
What you do on 1-2 minutes during day, you take 3-4 minutes at night.
But it seems a lifetime!
Best I have ever done was 3rd place in the Brazillian Championship in 2004.
Last year was eleventh... but won 1st place in WA category.
Next one will be held in November, completely digital for the first time.

You are a gifted W/A guy!!!

...thanks for posting!!

Dennis needs to hurry up and buy me that 8" port I need for my 10.5.
Or he could just give me his...he only shoots macro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom