Old New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA STEVE

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

Trying to get back into diving, I became certified when I was 12. Me and my Dad went through classes together. Not long after, my parents got a divorce and that was the end of that. Now I've sparked an interest in Dad again, just bought some new BC's, out grew my old one, and some regulators. Still have some other things to buy. Now at 23 yrs. old were going to try this again. Going soon to get recertified, need to freshen up. Seems like their is a lot of new technology out there now days kinda scary. Nitrox, rebreathers, sophisticated computers, very scary. I am new to the forum thing, but, this is the greatest tool for knowledge, it's great! There's a lot of logged dives in this forum, so I hope to gain some knowledge from that. Hope to be talking to all of you soon so take it easy for now. Eddie

You aren't an old diver.

Welcome back, however. Great idea on recertifying, you'll do fine. The gear is like everything else in life - it will rule you if you let it, otherwise it's just a tool. Less is more, which is another way of saying:
Have you checked out the dark side?

Steven

Welcome to SB i wish i was as old as you, but your only as old as the (you probably know the other part).................. for me just starting out in diving and almost double your age should have done this years ago. the ramblings of an old man HA HA :) Again welcome and enjoy there are many here that will help you to get up to date with diving and the new stuff, just ask

reefraff:
You aren't an old diver.

Welcome back, however. Great idea on recertifying, you'll do fine. The gear is like everything else in life - it will rule you if you let it, otherwise it's just a tool. Less is more, which is another way of saying:
Have you checked out the dark side?

Steven
Good way to scare the hell out of him, Steven. :wink:
Seriously, you're right on the money about recertifying. I did it after a 25 year layoff, and was just amazed at all the cool new toys.
Get trained, get wet, and enjoy!

And welcome to SB. :wavey: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

I'm off in Cozumel this week :D tell you about it later...

don

Back
Top Bottom