Old guys rule!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
You gotta love this!
Shearwater is touting a new capability called DiveTrak in collaboration with Solardyne.
So here's the state of the art photo:
Screenshot_20230301-224844_Chrome.jpg

And the first stage that the new equipment is demo'ed with?
A 40-year-old Scubapro Mk10!!!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Old guys rule!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Probably used it because it was laying in the shop while the mk2 was out diving :)

it needs some grease and a Rob inner tube treatment.

You gotta love this!
Shearwater is touting a new capability called DiveTrak in collaboration with Solardyne.
So here's the state of the art photo:
View attachment 772385
And the first stage that the new equipment is demo'ed with?
A 40-year-old Scubapro Mk10!!!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Old guys rule!
That’s Sonardyne Dr Old Guy. I see that your eyes are going too.

Ah yes, I love the MK10. Easy to service, once you know the process. I had some MK25s sitting around for about a year that I just didn't get around to switching to until I forced myself to leave the MK10s at home, and only go to the dive-site with the MK25s.

I may not be an old guy yet, but I hope to be so one day. "Back when I was a kid, we didn't have the internet, and computers were slow and expensive." Ok, I think I just dated myself, and maybe I am getting old.

I may not be an old guy yet, but I hope to be so one day. "Back when I was a kid, we didn't have the internet, and computers were slow and expensive." Ok, I think I just dated myself, and maybe I am getting old.
Did you, too, start with an Atari?

Commodore 64.
Puhleez. In high school I was reprogrammng my mother’s washing machine in 6800 Assembler. Then onto a Univac 1106 in Fortran. I was subsequently taught Pascal by Niklaus Wirth. (Before that, we used LISP).

When I first came to the US, we were taught B at Bell Labs; Used that to create an OS for smartcards which subsequently became SIM cards. (Only had 2K of address space). Those were the days!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom