Old Coltri MCH8 (11???)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plexer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

We've got an old Coltri believed to be an MCH8 that from a previous thread on here I see it's really and MCH11 with a slower motor on it potentially?

Had an issue with too much oil the filter stack and taking off the 1st head revealed a fair bit of oil on top of the piston enough to coat your finger, I realise there will be some oil but seems excessive.

Removing the cylinder revealed no gasket in place between the block and the cylinder is this normal? we notice some potential oil leak around there too.

Not sure when or if the piston rings have ever been changed but on this age of compressor around 1986 not having much luck.

Any help especially UK based.

Coltri have said they'd like the compressor for their museum and will offer a discount on a new one but ideally need to get this one working for under £500

Thanks.

Correction it is an MCH11 with a 88mm first stage piston.

Any one know of a source in the uk preferably for the piston ring set 13-01-0118 and valve kit 16-01-0003/R

Thanks

Thanks I’ve spoken to SMP and FPS and they are helping issue here is that as it’s such an old compressor apparently the mch8/11&13 all used to use the same size first and second stage so it’s not as easy as taking the current parts list.

I’ve been through the parts manual

FPS are currently putting together a list but it’s likely to be more than is worth spending on getting it back in to service vs a trade in with Coltri.

Thanks though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom