Old Bridge Beaver Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1MyWay

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for information on the old bridge at Beaver Lake. I would like to know the depth, conditions and any other info you might have. For those of you that have dove it how did you find it and is it worth the effort.

don't know anything about it.. But if all goes well I will be at Beaver this weekend. I'll ask a couple of the guys I am going with if they know anything about it.

It's my understanding that top of the bridge is around 200'+ deep. You know one of those a guy that knows a guy dove it once. Looking for a good trimix dive.

t-town:
It's my understanding that top of the bridge is around 200'+ deep. You know one of those a guy that knows a guy dove it once. Looking for a good trimix dive.

Hope you get a few knowledgable replies....would be interesting to here from some whom know its dive history and exact location.

I know the old Kimberling City bridge at Table Rock well, but I’ve never heard of a sunken bridge at Beaver.

I guess there are two bridges actually sunk in Beaver.. one is at around 80' to the top.. but from what they told me all you can see is the top rails of the bridge.. rest is buried in the muck.
As far as the old bridge you are talking about. They have heard of it. but never seen it. And were not sure exactly where it was.
Perhaps you can go to the Library and find some old maps of the area.. compare with current maps and get a idea of where it is... Decent topo map of the lake should give you a good idea of the depth. If its possible to dive.. go dive and see what is there.. then you can post a report for the rest of us :)

I've *heard* scuttlebut about Lost Bridge Marina and its namesake. May want to start research there. I could help you with Table Rock and the things that are there and are supposed to be there, but Beaver is a little too far out of my knowledge. I would be very interested in what you find.

A couple of years ago I talked to the guy at the lost bridge marina about the Lost Bridge. I had a crazy friend who was fixated on diving it. I forget where it was on the map, but it was supposed to be a 130-160 foot dive.

I talked the friend out of it by explaining that, even though he had found navy tables for the dive, that we should have:Support people on a boat, dry suits, doubles, maybe trimix, deco bottles, O2 hanging in the water, and a bunch more training. At a minimum. Below 50 feet it gets cold and dark fast in Beaver (Table Rock too, for that matter).

Ever play "freeze out" in Beaver. 2 divers go in in 3 mm suits and keep going down until one calls the dive and they you go above the thermocline. It is usually a very short game and ends before 60 feet.

DivingCRNA:
A couple of years ago I talked to the guy at the lost bridge marina about the Lost Bridge. I had a crazy friend who was fixated on diving it. I forget where it was on the map, but it was supposed to be a 130-160 foot dive.

I talked the friend out of it by explaining that, even though he had found navy tables for the dive, that we should have:Support people on a boat, dry suits, doubles, maybe trimix, deco bottles, O2 hanging in the water, and a bunch more training. At a minimum. Below 50 feet it gets cold and dark fast in Beaver (Table Rock too, for that matter).

Ever play "freeze out" in Beaver. 2 divers go in in 3 mm suits and keep going down until one calls the dive and they you go above the thermocline. It is usually a very short game and ends before 60 feet.

They sell the navy tables at the Lost Bridge Marina.

I've only dove beaver in a 3mm once and only to 30 some feet. One of my dive buddies wore a 3mm down to 100 feet though. Deepest I've been in beaver is 92 feet I beleive... got pretty dark below you but you could still see your buddy pretty well. Temperature was in the upper 50s.

All these deep dives have taken place off of the wall by the foundations. Awesome dive if you havn't done it yet... probably one of my favorites. Going up the wall is alot funner than going down.

Back
Top Bottom