old 1. stage to give away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThomasScherrer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't recognize this as a part of any scuba unit.

SeaRat

it is a 1. stage allright, DIN type, the thread thingy is removed.

Thomas,
I also do not regognize it as a American produced or marketed SCUBA unit.
Is it possibly European? Perhaps Russian?

It is noted that it has O Ring sealing. Which in American did not come into popular useage until very early 1960s.

It also does not appear to be an adaptation of a medical unit or a welding unit.

I suggest that you place it back on the shelf until it can be identified.

SDM

I don’t recognize that particular unit either, but I see the DIN connection (minus the threaded wheel). This makes it a northern European unit (Germany or one of the Scandinavian countries). The fact that the OP is from Denmark, makes Denmark the most likely place of origin.

I have found that there were several small dive manufactures that we never saw around here in the US.

The unit looks like a unbalanced diaphragm design and it looks like it has an over pressure relief valve. It was probably used with some sort of upstream (maybe needle type) demand valve.

The open port may be for an SPG since it is slightly closer to the inlet DIN fitting than the LP , but I can’t tell for sure. SPG showed up in Europe about the same time as in the US.

In some ways it reminds me of the very early Poseidon Cyklon first stage(made in Sweden).

Please don’t throw it away. There are a couple of vintage scuba collectors near you that may be interested. They frequent VintageDoubleHose.com and they are super guys.
I am going to try to contact them to point at this thread.

thanks alot luis, I got it together with alot of poseidon 1. and 2. regulators they are however much newer and actually works fine after a bit of cleaning and adjustments,
poseidon was very normal here in the old days, but today expensive to get and to maintain compared to plastic stuff we now use.
as I am aware of poseidon always added clear engraved names on their products, so that is why I think/guess this much older unit is not a poseidon brand.

It is definitely not a Poseidon. I dove Poseidon a lot in the 70’s. They were my favorite regulator back then.

If you look at the first stage on the right that is a very early Poseidon Cyklon (the other two are newer Cyklon 300, from the 70's). It is shown with a DIN to yoke adapter in place, but if you imagine it without the adapter you can see that its shape and size is similar to the regulator you have.

I wish that I could take other pictures of that regulator, but I don’t own it anymore.

That first stage only had one port for the LP hose to the second stage. There were no other LP or any HP ports.

I still think that yours was probably made in Denmark.

I sent an email to a friend in Denmark. I hope he drops in and maybe adds more information.

DSCN2359.jpg

I just thought it would be nice to show the pictures of your firststage in the thread.
I hope you don’t mind.

oldreg1.jpg

oldreg2.jpg

oldreg3.jpg

oldreg4.jpg

Hi Neils,

Do you have any information about the regulator?

Thanks

Luis

Back
Top Bottom