Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stinggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Okinawa Sep 17-30. I will be staying at Kadena AFB. Would like to take one day to dive. Is there someone here that wants to join me or can direct me to a good dive op?

Looking forward to diving with you. Hopefully all these pesky tropical storms and typhoons will stay away.

True, haven't had anything in 3 years and now almost 2 in a week. There are some good local centers, ie Reef Encounters :D, and there is also Kadena Marina. Every Sat & Sun, the C-Falcon & Destiny are making trips to the Keramas. They also have the Drive & Dive program that can hook you up with DM's that can take you out. You can check them out @ This Week Around Kadena Force Support. If you want to dive the north part of the island, North of Nago is good. He is usually diving the USS Emmons, roughly 115-130 ft and Hedo. He also runs charters to Ie Island and the surrounding area. Just up the road from there is Okuma, the joint forces recreation area. It has charters daily as well. They got hit pretty good from the typhoon on Tues. but should be up & running by then. Hope you have a blast while you're here!

go to the okuma resort take lots of pictures and let me know how it went when you get back

Looking forward to diving with you. Hopefully all these pesky tropical storms and typhoons will stay away.

Ok I'm here. I would like to do a dive soon. The only day that I can't is Sep 25 and Sep 29. Anyone want to get together??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom