Okinawa diving for Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CanadianSushi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Yay! The thread title says it all. Going for a week!

Anyway, never been there but I'm very excited. Can anyone answer these two questions for me?

1. What can I expect in the way of dive-supply shops in Naha? I've been to Mic21 in Tokyo before -- that's the sort of place I'm looking for... I have a few specific things on my shopping list. Nothing big or major though.

2. What's the H2O temp in Okinawa right now? (Trying to figure out what I'm going to need in the way of a suit. I have a 5mm wet, but my drysuit just arrived from the U.S. so that's the other option).

Please & Thank you!!!!

JD

Retail shops on Okinawa are very limited off base you got SeaSir and for all the recreational stuff and Reef Encounters for the tech stuff- if I know what you are looking for I can reccomend or tell you even if you can get it here.

Water temp today was 23 or 22 depending on whose computer you believe.

I am diving a 5mm with hooded vest but that is only because I am waiting on a new neck seal for my dry suit. By the 3rd dive of the day I was getting a bit cold today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom