Ok what's forged?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Vincent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
St. Louis Missouri / Diver's Paradise NOT!
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok first stages theres brass with chrome overlay the standard. Then Titanium. Now a stainless steel 1st appears. What does Oceanic mean when it says the FDX-10 is forged brass and chrome overlay?

Is it anything like forged aluminum in bow making which is alot stronger than regular processed aluminum? Shed some light, maybe?
:confused::popcorn:

I don't work for Oceanic (wish I did though)

Copper and brass forgings are quality parts, comparing favorably in material integrity, dimensional tolerance and surface finish with products made using other major metalworking processes. As a result of hot working, forged materials have superior density and freedom from flaws. Forming under heat and pressure in precise closed dies produces dimensional accuracy-always repeatable, part to part and lot to lot. Excellent surface finish with a clean lustrous appearance is readily available with copper and brass forgings.

Very cool ... thank you. I figured something along those lines. But just wanted to get the real scoop!

Forging provides a bit more design flexibility than traditional machining processes - ultimately, in the case of the FDX-10, giving us better control over the path of air through the first stage and porting (hose angles).

dlndavid - where's that resume?
I sent it to Aeris, they said they weren't hiring. I can send you a copy.
I would love to get a tour of your operatios in San Leandro, maybe lunch too?

Hey Doug look this way when you need a new Midwest District Sales Manager. Alot of diving with District Sales Manager experience and being an Operation Director of Training in the Yellow Page field. I would come out of semi-retirement to work for Oceanic!

Hey Doug look this way when you need a new Midwest District Sales Manager. Alot of diving with District Sales Manager experience and being an Operation Director of Training in the Yellow Page field. I would come out of semi-retirement to work for Oceanic!

You've got tough competition in the Midwest - I hear we're looking to replace the schmuck in Texas though :dork2:

Send me a copy - and a call or email anytime for that tour - how about tomorrow?

Tomorrow would be great, I can bring a copy of my resume.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom