OK. Time for a June who's who (going to Coz)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

List update
In addition to Official Invasion Crew List
5/27-6/04 - Kujhawk91, Palmar Condominiums, Living Underwater
5/28-6/04 - cduffey & husband, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
5/30-6/06 - Firefyter, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
6/01-6/08 - ff1diver, Villa Blanca, ???
6/02-6/15 - sddiver, Hotel Coz, Blue Magic
6/03-6/13 - cxg31s + 1, SCC, SCC
6/04-6/11 - hogpark7430 + 3, El Cantil, Dive Paradise
6/05-6/12 - Mahidoodi + 1, Iberostar, Dressel Divers
6/08-6/12 - A2thaK & wife, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
6/11-6/18 - Dredlok & wife, Allegro, ???
6/11-6/19 - underachiever + 3, Villa Blanca, Scuba Mau
6/12-6/20 - Kevin Howard My sons and I, ???, ??? - Can't wait.
6/12-6/18 - Hemlon, Hotel Cozumel, Scuba Mau
6/12-6/19 - paulw & wife, El Cozumeleno, ? Blue XTSea ?
6/14-6/22 - Offroad & wife, Villablanca, Scuba Mau
6/14-6/23 - njones259 & grandson, Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
6/15-6/21 - Mossman + 1, Cozumel Palace, Living Underwater
6/15-6/22 - marcus8 + 5, Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
6/22-6/29 - Coz.I.am & Gordo, Casa, Scuba Mau
6/22-6/29 - Super0233, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
6/22-7/20 - pelagicsal, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers (7/20 something)
6/26-7/03 - SDucotey and family (total 4), Villa Blanca, Scuba Mau
6/29-7/14 - BTravlin & wife, Casa Abejas, Blue XTSea
6/30-7/17 - Scubabird and wife, Villa Aldora, Aldora

Staying at the Grand Sirenis June 25th through July 2nd. About to be certified and still have to do my checkout dives so very new to diving. Was hoping to go diving while we're there but it's a little overwhelming with all the shops the stuff. I've seen some great recommendations for places like Aldora, Scuba Mau, and Dressels so thanks for that! So if all of you guys know who you're going with already does that mean it's a good idea to make reservations ahead of time? Will I be able to get a spot on a boat if I go down there without a reservation?

I'd do your research, find an op that suits *your* needs and reserve a spot. There are all different levels of service and cost and boats and etc etc. Then again, it *looks* like your resort is on the wrong side of the water? Are you planning on getting on the ferry and coming over to Coz? I mean you ought to come over and dive Coz, but its a little more work. A good op can walk you though getting over to the island and all.

I'll be there with my favorite dive buddy to celebrate my birthday! June 4-11, Fiesta Americana-Dive House.

Happy b'day fab. 50th?

Hey Andree, what are your dates, where are you staying and who are you diving with? We need to put you down in proper fashion.

List update
In addition to Official Invasion Crew List
5/27-6/04 - Kujhawk91, Palmar Condominiums, Living Underwater
5/28-6/04 - cduffey & husband, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
5/30-6/06 - Firefyter, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
6/01-6/08 - ff1diver, Villa Blanca, ???
6/02-6/15 - sddiver, Hotel Coz, Blue Magic
6/03-6/13 - cxg31s + 1, SCC, SCC
6/04-6/11 - hogpark7430 + 3, El Cantil, Dive Paradise
6/04-6/11 - fab50diver + 1, Fiesta Americana, Dive House
6/05-6/12 - Mahidoodi + 1, Iberostar, Dressel Divers
6/08-6/12 - A2thaK & wife, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
6/11-6/18 - Dredlok & wife, Allegro, ???
6/11-6/19 - underachiever + 3, Villa Blanca, Scuba Mau
6/12-6/20 - Kevin Howard My sons and I, ???, ??? - Can't wait.
6/12-6/18 - Hemlon, Hotel Cozumel, Scuba Mau
6/12-6/19 - paulw & wife, El Cozumeleno, ? Blue XTSea ?
6/14-6/22 - Offroad & wife, Villablanca, Scuba Mau
6/14-6/23 - njones259 & grandson, Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
6/15-6/21 - Mossman + 1, Cozumel Palace, Living Underwater
6/15-6/22 - marcus8 + 5, Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
6/22-6/29 - Coz.I.am & Gordo, Casa, Scuba Mau
6/22-6/29 - Super0233, Blue Angel, Blue Angel
6/22-7/20 - pelagicsal, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers (7/20 something)
6/26-7/03 - SDucotey and family (total 4), Villa Blanca, Scuba Mau
6/29-7/14 - BTravlin & wife, Casa Abejas, Blue XTSea
6/30-7/17 - Scubabird and wife, Villa Aldora, Aldora

Yes you're right. The resort is on the mainland but I'm planning on making the trip to Cozumel a couple of times while we're there. It looks like I can catch a ferry often during the day. I just didn't know if it would be ok to just walk into a dive shop on Cozumel and say "I'm here. Take me diving!" I didn't want to necessarily schedule ahead of time and get down there and it not work out for some reason. Diving is definitely a priority while I'm there but there are other people going.

Sorry this is a little bit off topic, guys.

Just realized there are thousands of posts for Coz. I'm sure there's tons of good info somewhere in here.

I don't think you would have a very hard time just walking up to a shop but you might be to late for the morning dive so I would set something up. I have stayed In Playa Del Carmen and taken the ferry to Cozumel to dive many times and the easiest thing I have found is to set it up with shops that use the Aldora pier. Several shops leave from the there, Aldora Divers, Blue XTSea Diving and Deep Blue are some that I know of. Set your dive up ahead of time and all you have to do is just turn right as you leave the ferry dock and it is about a block. By the way I have and continue to use all three of the above shops and highly recommend them.

Well even if you don't want to book it, you ought to contact a few of them and see if they *think* you can get a walk on and what their schedule is. I know with Scuba with Alison Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison :cheerleader: we have waited on someone coming from the ferry. Her and probably others would let you email or call to confirm while you are down there, like "hey can I come tomorrow?" It would sort of be a bummer to catch a ferry and then have to wander around looking for a dive boat.

Back
Top Bottom