OK how about things you have lost on a dive~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey:
Me too!

Mine was found by a really nice diver on our boat, who pulled it up from around 100' using a steel 72, a double hose reg, no BC and no wetsuit. and he gave it back.

That's when I changed the tether from a crappy plastic coiled-cord thing to 1/4" nylon rope with stainless-steel snap bolts.

Terry
I replaced it, and have since changed to a more durable tether as well. I was not as lucky as my camera was found by a not so nice diver...well lets say, he knew where it was and waited for me to leave the site to go down and get it to hold it hostage. The only good news I can report is that I ended up getting my memory card back, but not without a price. I had to send the scheister a blank one in its place....
All after I tipped the a hole and got him a new Atomic Mask......I guess bad people are just bad people :light:

miketsp:
Pencils, pencils and more pencils.
After hundreds of dives I still haven't figured out a sure way to dive with a dive slate in rough weather or in wrecks and not lose the pencil.
I've tried tying them to the slate with a piece of cord but that just ends up creating an entanglement hazard. I've tried cable clips and elastic bands.
Now I just buy them in bulk - then they just cost a few cents each - and take plenty.

Force the base of the pencil into surgical tubing about 1/2", thread other end of tubing through hole in slate & plug tubing end with small marble, rock or short piece of used pencil.... you're welcome!

Big-n-Buoyant:
Force the base of the pencil into surgical tubing about 1/2", thread other end of tubing through hole in slate & plug tubing end with small marble, rock or short piece of used pencil.... you're welcome!

But doesn't the loop create an entanglement hazard as I mentioned?
Or do you use tubing thin enough to stretch a lot and still let you write?

miketsp:
But doesn't the loop create an entanglement hazard as I mentioned?
Or do you use tubing thin enough to stretch a lot and still let you write?

... hasn't been a problem - generally wrap tubing around slate, inserting pencil through tubing loop (tubing is in/out of two holes - see attachment).

Attachments

• slate.jpg
    slate.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 72
Big-n-Buoyant:
... hasn't been a problem - generally wrap tubing around slate, inserting pencil through tubing loop (tubing is in/out of two holes - see attachment).

Looking at the photo I just saw another problem. I like the plastic pencils with the replaceable points. If you break a point you pull it out and push it in the top to force the next ready-sharpened point to appear. This operation would require removing the bungee tubing UW.

I have a buddy that we follow around during every dive he buys new cool stuff and looses it all the time. We all get new gear when he goes. We all argue over to be his dive buddy.

Back
Top Bottom