OK how about things you have lost on a dive~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've lost a snorkel. I've also lost a stud earring. But it could have been worse. The pair I was wearing were cheap ones that I wear sometimes when I go diving. A friend of mine was diving in Cayman a few years back wearing diamond earrings and lost one. :11:

I lost an UKC8 light once on a shallow shore night dive right as we descended, which happened to also be before I turned the light on (lessoned learned). I spent a whole tank of air trying to find it with my 4AA backup light.

Determined to find it I came back the day after and did a solo dive the next day after work. It was getting dark and I was getting low on air so I was about to give up and head in. But I had a feeling that my light was between my current position and a floating platform which was on my way back. The only problem was there was group of fisherman off the point of the jetty. I decided to go for it and sure enough I got caught in their lines. I quickly untangled my self and surfaced to apologize for swimming through their lines. I tossed them a lure I found and continued my dive. The good karma must have helped because I found my light within the next 10 feet.

The light was sitting like was bulls eye in the middle of a circular patch of sand surrounded by eel grass. The cave line I used to attach the bolt snap was still threaded through the handle, but the square knot had come undone. Lessoned number two learned. Don’t tie anything that is not under load with a square knot, and yes I did partially melt the knot with a lighter.

I have lost two knives - well really one as the other one I am pretty sure got pinch by the someone while being rinsed by the dive staff. The funny part is that while in Utila this past month I found a knife that is exactly like I have now. So I have a back up.

I lost my viginity, not on a dive, but in a rental room above a dive in N.O. back in '55. Does that count?

OK... well the good news is....I sent the extortionists a 2 gig blank card in return for my card filled with my pics on it. that is all I really wanted, since I knew they wanted more for my camera than I paid for it.....so after 3 months...I actually got my card back!

peeeek a boo

Dive.jpg

Spongebobscubasteve:
I lost all feeling in my feet once. Does that count? It took about 4 hours and a good couple of glasses of wine to get it back.

With a combination of new wrist seal on my dry suit, old gloves, and the 34 degree water....

I lost all feeling and movement of my hands and wrist.

I had some boyancy problems at the end of the dive because I was unable to squeeze the button to let air out of my bc...:shakehead

hubby has prescription sunglasses that he puts into his wetsuit thigh pocket when diving

last week he lost his fav pair

today he was on course with students and during the dive he looked at one of them and there was the student with the sunnies sitting on his mask like he was wearing them.... sweet!

Pencils, pencils and more pencils.
After hundreds of dives I still haven't figured out a sure way to dive with a dive slate in rough weather or in wrecks and not lose the pencil.
I've tried tying them to the slate with a piece of cord but that just ends up creating an entanglement hazard. I've tried cable clips and elastic bands.
Now I just buy them in bulk - then they just cost a few cents each - and take plenty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom