OK, Here's Another fish to ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwashbur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife caught this one at Lovers Point yesterday. The fact that she got a picture at all is amazing, because he sat still for just about a single heartbeat. I'm thinking he looks kind of like a kelpfish of some denomination, but don't know for sure.

fish1.jpg

Dorsal fin is all wrong for a painted greenling, and there were no cirri on his head. There were plenty of painted greenlings out yesterday, but this isn't one of them.

juvi monkyface or juvi wolf eel. I saw it at the Aqaurium, just don't remember which it is. Great pic, BTW

Humman (1st Ed.) has pictures of a juvi Wolf Eel, and this aint it. And it sure isn't ugly enough
to be a monkeyface. And neither has the two-part dorsal fin that this one has. But of the none
of the other similar fish in Humman has the two-part dorsal. And I can't find anything like it in
Gotshall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom