OK, 'fess up.... the Dark Side of Solo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like just focusing on a 2 x 2 area of an rock and watch all the little critters. Its is amazing how much life is going on in such a small area. Worms, barnacles, sponges, tiny crabs, snails, etc.

I like the dirty looks from other divers when I get out.

my husband loves diving with underwater photographers - h says he can go down, find a pretty bit, then go & do his dive & come back they are still in the same place:)

I am with Bogie, I like getting dirty looks from bystanders as if I just committed a mortal sin. It is especially fun to be kitting up where OW check outs are taking place and one of the students asks me "where is your buddy", while I give blank stare.

I love all these posts! Thanks everyone! I'll be a solo diver this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Why do I want to solo dive? I like the challenge of going out of my envelope and once I'm comfortable with the whole thing I want to get more into photography and more than that, I look forward to the solitude. I used to hike solo quite a bit (had to curtail it because of foot and knee problems and moved to swimming and scuba) and I miss it.

I spearfish alot, so the last thing I need is some knucklehead scaring away my catch.

i think you could change your perception. bigger speargun & think of them as bait:)

I love all these posts! Thanks everyone! I'll be a solo diver this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Why do I want to solo dive? I like the challenge of going out of my envelope and once I'm comfortable with the whole thing I want to get more into photography and more than that, I look forward to the solitude. I used to hike solo quite a bit (had to curtail it because of foot and knee problems and moved to swimming and scuba) and I miss it.

these posts are wonderful. at the moment i'm having a few family problems (sick mother) and something which makes me smile is very welcome.

I spearfish alot, so the last thing I need is some knucklehead scaring away my catch.

The real fun starts if you can convince a newbie that a flasher string tied to their fin is new type of shark shield!:rofl3:
Eric

Back
Top Bottom