Ok Dan Volker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove a 3 tank dive today, the Mispah, Horseshoe Reef, and the Breakers. I used my DiveR's on the Mispah dive because it was loaded with goliaths, and I already know what I need to do to keep the camera smooth with freedive fins on...
For the Horseshoe dive and Breakers, I used the Excellerators. I had planned on just using them for the Horseshoe dive, but I liked them so much I decided to use them for both.

What I was blown away by....I knew they were efficient, and good for technical precision. What I did not expect was how much steadier they keep the video when kicking....With big long freedive fins, I am pretty stable. With Jetfins, you can see the jerk, jerk, of each kick stroke with the jets. It's not terrible, but I don't like it. With the Excellerators, it is either as good as the big long DiveR's, or maybe better for stability/no shake of the video.
For Wreck dives, my new favorite fins are the Excellerators.... I really do like them more than the Jetfins.

For Monster current dives, I have yet to use the Excellerators to get a fair comparison with the DiveR's...the Mispah dive has insane current, likely over 4mph on the bottom. I was able to do every thing I wanted with the diveR's, where as pretty much everyone else on the trip had to hide much more. The other dives were over 8 miles south, and had almost no current at all. Go figure.

Next time I know I have a big current dive, I will try the Excellerators there. But again, WOW! Bob, this fin is spectacular.

Dan, Thanks for the feed back..I knew the Excellellerators might fit the bill. The part I like the most is they don't hang off the end of your foot like the "good Old Jet Fin". A mph current sounds ripping, good luck and thanks for feed back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom