OK, best moving image Scifi/fantasy - no repeats any number you want.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toast, squirtgun, lighter, sliced lunch meat, umbrella, rice, newspaper, party hat, noisemaker, rubber gloves, toilet paper, toast, hot dogs, playing cards.

Thalassamania:
Toast, squirtgun, lighter, sliced lunch meat, umbrella, rice, newspaper, party hat, noisemaker, rubber gloves, toilet paper, toast, hot dogs, playing cards.

Outstanding! Thank you for filling in my memory. Not sure where I got the pasta from. Must have mixed it up with the rice.

I'm just glad I did not have to clean up after the show.:D

lamont:
How about:

The Abyss

Shoot, forgot about that one - one of my all-time faves. Have you seen the "directors cut"? Very, very interesting - puts a whole new twist on the goals and motivations of the UTI's. One of those cases where the "executive produces" weakened a movie due to time constraints.

The "making of" is also bloody amazing. Normally I don't watch those features, but the crap they went through to make that movie was sureal! Plus lots of diving - always a plus.

Bryan

Warthaug:
Shoot, forgot about that one - one of my all-time faves. Have you seen the "directors cut"? Very, very interesting - puts a whole new twist on the goals and motivations of the UTI's. One of those cases where the "executive produces" weakened a movie due to time constraints.

yup, i actually saw the director's cut first. i saw the cut-down version later and it really does make it a lesser movie...

Thalassamania:
Steve Jackson Games?

I was fortunate enough to visit with Steve Jackson on multiple occasions in Austin & San Marcos in the late 80's and throughout the 90's. Car Wars came out in my early post-high school years, definitely a hit, but Ogre & GEV had been around a while. When Chessex opened a warehouse in Austin, I was part owner of a game & hobby business (knew better than to quit my day job), and we'd meet there when Chessex had dealer-only events to see the new stuff before public release. He had a whole market segment practically to himself with pocket / micro games.

Outside Ogre / GEV, Illuminati was more my cup of tea. New World Order came out and it's never been the same since though.

Did get to drive 230 kph on the autobahn last month - new personal record for me. Will definitely have to return some time and rent a once-in-a-lifetime (maybe more than once - who knows) supercar for a week or so as a leisure trip spliced to a business trip, when the wife can accompany me.

Back to the flicks -

Jason Robards was also in "A Boy and his Dog". Image came to mind when I thought more on who said "Farm him out!".

Another crappy one but had some visual appeal - "The Perils of Gwendoline". Tres French. The topless draft women yoked to pull wheeled carts about:rofl3: Us single males were living bobbleheads in the theatre during those scenes.

Googled up the name of the subaquatic Nazi zombie flick - "Shock Waves" John Carradine & Peter Cushing - it all pays - work is work!

"Ator" - what a Eurowaste.

Good one - "Dark Star" - "It's your turn to feed the alien!"

No, it was the third time I saw Rocky Horror I was sober. The second time is a dim blur . . . Meat Loaf - no one else quite like him.

Another good one - Monty Python's "The Life of Brian" (there was a UFO scene - "You jammy *******!"):D

Add "Circuitry Man" to the more interesting ones.

John Carpenter's "Prince of Darkness"

"The Lathe of Heaven" - I thought the entire concept of 'subjective dreaming' was fascinating, especially for someone with sleep issues. Book was better though.

2001, of course

No one has mentioned George Lucas's first film THX 1138 (I think, I may have the number wrong). It was a student project I believe, but it starred Robert Duvall and Donald Pleasance in a very weird, disturbing view of the future. Good science fiction flick, though....

Klatu Borata Nickto
Live Long and Prosper
Take a stress pill, Dave
Phone Home
I'll be Back
If it bleeds, we can kill it
May the Force be with you
Submit for your approval
we have taken control of your television set
danger, will robinson...oh the pain

I am also partial to the Jules Verne flicks of the 60s (Journey to the Center of the Earth, First Men on the Moon, etc) call me old fashioned

WarmWaterDiver:
"The Lathe of Heaven" - I thought the entire concept of 'subjective dreaming' was fascinating, especially for someone with sleep issues. Book was better though.

I really liked the book, I forgot it got made into a movie, I'm going to have to netflix that one...

lamont:
I really liked the book, I forgot it got made into a movie, I'm going to have to netflix that one...

I'd read the book several years before I saw the movie. First saw it on PBS IIRC. Last remember watching it from tape from a friend's collection in 1986.

Evidently there's a 2002 version from A&E as well as the 1980 version - I've never seen the 2002 version - I may need to netflix that one myself. The SFX in the 1980 version will seem pale by today's standards - fair warning.

(Bruce Davison, who played George Orr in the 1980 teleplay, acted as executive producer on the 2002 remake.)

Dr. Haber: You know what they say, neurotics build castles in the sky, psychotics live in them.
Heather: Psychiatrists collect the rent.

Back
Top Bottom