OK, best moving image Scifi/fantasy - no repeats any number you want.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
I'm shocked no one has mentioned Creature From the Black Lagoon. While it was a terrible movie, I enjoyed it anyway.

Bite your tongue! :D

I loved it when one of the guys is getting ready to make a dive, he reaches over and picks up a full bottle with reg attached by the reg as if it was made of balsa - oh, it was made of balsa.

Rick Inman:
Twlight Zone (TV)

Firefly (TV)

Boy and His Dog (Movie written by Harlen Ellison. Anyone else ever seen this one?).

Origional Planet of the Apes.

Worst SF movie: Robinson Caruso on Mars.

Don Johnson. Yes.

Most of my favorites have been covered already. That said (hopefully no repeats):

1) SciFi's Dune & Children of Dune mini-series. I don't know how much sence they made to non-dune fans, but I enjoyed them greatly. Much better then the 1980's Dune (which was also good).

2) The one-season TV series "Space: Above & Beyond". Gritty vision on the future, had some pretty good stories.

3) Origonal Star Wars movies.

4) Space 2001

5) GATTACA. I'm a biologist by profession, and I must admit it was fun to see a vision of the future largely based on the advances in my field.

If I had to promote a couple for "worst sci-fi/fanatasy":

1) Space Truckers. Pure, unadulterated crap.

2) Lost in Space ("starring" Joey of friends fame). I'm too young to be familier with the old TV series, but I assume it was better then the movie. It would have to be - an hour of a blank screen would have been better then this POS.

3) The new star wars movies. A perfect lession on how to destroy a cultural phenomina.

Warthaug:
2) Lost in Space ("starring" Joey of friends fame). I'm too young to be familier with the old TV series, but I assume it was better then the movie. It would have to be - an hour of a blank screen would have been better then this POS.

You shouldn't be assuming.

The current Battlestar Gallactica is turning out to be quite good.

The Star Trek series varied a lot. I liked some of each version, some not so great. DS9 was really good during the Dominion Wars era.

Stargate SG1 was great for quite a while. Since the shakeup when Browder & Black came in, it hasn't been as good & is blessedly being killed off now. SG Atlantis may still have some life left in it.

Firefly was damn good but too short.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom