OK, best moving image Scifi/fantasy - no repeats any number you want.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
And this is how the message ran

The Day the Earth Stood Still
Flash Gordon
The Invisible Man
King Kong
It Came From Outer Space
Dr. X
Forbidden Planet
Day of the Triffids
Night of the Demon
When Worlds Collide

Mulberry Street.

I havn't seen anyone mention the Mole People ...
Directed by Virgil W. Vogel
Starring:
John Agar
Cynthia Patrick
Hugh Beaumont

Ok .. maybe with good reason :wink: It's pretty cheesy , but It gave me some pretty good nightmares :)

HAH! Good one! I had a friend who slept with a flashlight ready at hand after seeing "The Mole People" since he knew if they tunnelled up in his room, he could shine it in their faces! We weren't even 10 years old then!

If we're brining in "The Mole People", how about "The Green Slime"? That affected me more at a young age. Then in my high school & college years had a friend whose dad was one of the cast! His big line was "Here are the papers, sir." - they used guys in our armed forces as extras while filming there in Japan, and his family was stationed there at the time!

Wish I wasn't too young to have thought of the flashlight thing ... would have saved me a lot of anguish .. I still find myself a little bit afraid of the dark to this very day, lol

OK, how about "Big Trouble in Little China"? One of the tops in the fantasy genre in my book. (It's all in the reflexes)

Weird Bruce Dern movies - "World Gone Wild"

Weird Rutger Hauer movies - "Juggers"

Good for its time - "The Last Starfighter"

Pathetic - "Nightflyers"

I know, I'm kinda off on a Catherine Mary Stewart tangent after remembering "Night of the Comet". I'd forgotten she was in "The Apple" - in fact, I'd pretty much forgotten "The Apple". My friends who were really into theatre arts were really buzzed about that when it came out.

Oh, now here's a horrific one - "Alien from L.A." - I took a date to the theatre for that one - never got a second date - gee - wonder why?

How about "Starship Invasions" - junk, the cast couldn't save it.

Oh no, what about "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" - better than "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes", but only marginally

Really good one - "The Puppet Masters"

Speaking of Heinlein, there was the old movie George Pal did. The screenplay was roughly adapted from Rocketship Galileo.

Destination Moon.

I didn't think the changes from the book detracted from the movie for Puppet Masters - much like Starship Troopers, it was well done IMO.

Another good one - "Videodrome" 'My name is Brian Oblivion, and I only appear on video'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom