oil rig diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight

Reaction score
In the GULF! a Single diver went down for a commercial dive to find the oil pipe on a sunk rig (had camera on him also could see everything) when he got down had very hard time finding the oil pipe causing major time problems he finally found the oil pipe on the rig job done right? not yet he found out his umbilical air-rope was FOULED! and trying to find out where the foul was he got somewhat lost and confused you could tell he was getting somewhat panic for sure when he was talking and you could see everything on the tv in the operation room so A. he was fouled! and B. he spent so much time down there trying to find the pipe he was running out of time! it would have been SURE death if there wasn't a thing called s.o.p's like one stating you gotta have backup emergency diver so the diver was sent in to try and save the day (lets see if we can kill two divers today lol) went in and followed the umbilical and found the problem was he fouled at the top of the rig just a few feet down into it thought for sure it would have been down further into the rig but nope just feet down from entrance and the diver was saved!!!! back on rig of course you know the emergency diver (which there friends) was playing with him like yelling "FOULED! FOULED!" and when he tried jumping in his d-champer he was like "why u gotta get in my chamber, thats mine" you can see this on t.v. show called Oil, Sweat and Rigs all I can say this is gonna be a awsome training footage!

He's describing an incident highlited on a tv show about oil rig diving. It was a good show and if you see it what he's saying will make sense :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

The show is on the Discovery Channel, and is called Oil, Sweat and Rigs. It has some pretty neat stuff on commercial and saturation diving. The majority of the episodes cover the roughnecks, and life above water.

Knight:
In the GULF! a Single diver went down for a commercial dive to find the oil pipe on a sunk rig (had camera on him also could see everything) when he got down had very hard time finding the oil pipe causing major time problems he finally found the oil pipe on the rig job done right? not yet he found out his umbilical air-rope was FOULED! and trying to find out where the foul was he got somewhat lost and confused you could tell he was getting somewhat panic for sure when he was talking and you could see everything on the tv in the operation room so A. he was fouled! and B. he spent so much time down there trying to find the pipe he was running out of time! it would have been SURE death if there wasn't a thing called s.o.p's like one stating you gotta have backup emergency diver so the diver was sent in to try and save the day (lets see if we can kill two divers today lol) went in and followed the umbilical and found the problem was he fouled at the top of the rig just a few feet down into it thought for sure it would have been down further into the rig but nope just feet down from entrance and the diver was saved!!!! back on rig of course you know the emergency diver (which there friends) was playing with him like yelling "FOULED! FOULED!" and when he tried jumping in his d-champer he was like "why u gotta get in my chamber, thats mine" you can see this on t.v. show called Oil, Sweat and Rigs all I can say this is gonna be a awsome training footage!

...I recognize that form of language as "Newbie-Speak", a collage of rampant utterings gurgitated from young men ( & sometimes ladies ) who are TOTALLY wrapped up in the idea of becoming a....

...DeepSeaDiver!!

Slow down to a gallop son & study Zinkowski et. al.

Regards,
D.S.D.

It's a good show, I will try to catch this particular one in re-runs. Those commercial divers must be half crazy to do what they do!!!! Especially the saturation guys!

Hey everyone!

DeepSeaDan writes: I recognize that form of language as "Newbie-Speak", a collage of rampant utterings gurgitated from young men ( & sometimes ladies ) who are TOTALLY wrapped up in the idea of becoming a.... DeepSeaDiver!

THATS AWSOME! lord knows we need more of what you call newbie "DeepSeaDivers" I hope more kids and divers get into this it is a very fast growing industry and so easy to land a job and make some awsome pay! you can even do it part-time....

http://www.commercialdivingacademy.com/

Always descending!
c.h.

Knight:
[...spewage deleted...]

There is something called punctiation. They are used to create things called sentences.

Please look them up in the dictionary.

dousallafavordude

nevermind! sorry just came from Holland and will be in the u.s. for a year I hope my grammer doesn't bother anyone.

Saw it on Discovery Channel it was a good example of why not to get into that form of diving business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom