Oh!!! those fire ant blues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T.P.H.

Contributor
Reaction score
are just the beginning of one of the most unpleasent diving expereinces that one can have.While visiting my local dive spot,I always take a few tidbits to keep the pearch happy.Well needless to say the tiny specs that were left in the nooks and kranys(-2sp)of my b.c.,were just the meal ticket that our world reknown red fireants needed to have the fun of thier lives.Not only did they get a free meal,but also a trip to 30 ft.I found out the hard way that these little devils can live up to 14 days in water not to mention can BITE 14 ways at 30ft!!!Future note:always carry tidbits in a baggie that dosen`t leak,and check for critters before puttin the suit back on....

Wow. WOW! I had some in my bathing suit once, and I thought THAT was bad! Forgive me if I chuckled just a little.... Okay, a lot when I read your post.

oddly enough, one time i was going up the ladder of a dive boat after a dive, a good fifteen miles from the nearest land, when a fire ant bit the crap out of my nose, right by the left nostril. no clue how that thing got so far away to sea, but it probably got on the boat and somehow got washed off just as i was coming onboard.

dumb luck that.

I had not experienced fire ants, till I visited Florida for a dive trip. I got a few on my legs, and they started biting. I also learned that they don't stop biting, even if you get into the water. I hope I never meet another fire ant, ever.
Aloha Turtleguy

Those little buggers have now got into Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I hope we don't get similar reports from there.

Ouch man, that sucks getting bitten by a fire ant at 30ft. THey are bad enough on land where you can easily kill it, but 30ft down. OUCH.

Paul

:rofl: This isn't the first time, is it? Seems I remember that particular UW dance from last summer! :D You got some good moves, T!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom