Oh the nerve of the guy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see things like this from time to time and it just makes me laugh and think of Super Troopers... A litre of cola... Don't spit in the burger.. etc.

I like how the guy comes in and goes.. oh by the way.. And I wonder if that 2400 psi is from a fill from a year ago and it just fell to that level over the course of a year.. yummy tasty stale air...

If the guy had the tank filled to 2400 and it was the previous day or two, the shop I go to will have no problem topping it off. But who knows where the tank came from. It certainly should not be the shop to pay for the fill from some other source filling it, or a tank that has sat for a while. And it certainly is over the top to just walk into a shop around this time of the year and say oh yeah and viz it for tonight.

Litre of cola...

ScubaSarus:
Exactly TSandM. This guy was never in the shop before and his attitude was like he's some special VIP.

I give 2 weeks because I can plan ahead that far as they only need vis once a year. Why all of a sudden a tank sitting for 2 yrs suddenly needs a one day vis. Im not saying the shop takes 2 weeks; its what I always alow them out of my courteousy.

-The shop I mentioned where they wanted almost a week to vip two tanks was the shop I was certified through and where both msyelf and my buddy have purchased some things and go sometimes for airfills.

-I understand courtesy, and it is nice of you to give them time. But here where I live, I'll give them two weeks out of courtesy, and they'll have them done in two days out of courtesy. :)

Just a "top off" huh....nevermind that it has to be emptied to do the viz. So much for a top off.

My LDS, Hollywwod Divers, in SoCal, always asks if I want to wait for it. I never go in expecting them to fill while I wait. They do tend to get busy in there. But on more then one occasion I have seen and heard them tell new employees to take the rentals off the bank and fill the customer who is waiting. They really try to take care of their customers. I always tell them I can come back, and they always take the time to get me taken care of. These are some of the things that keep me spending my money there. There is a shop closer, that offers free fills. I still go to my Hollywood. Good people, worth supporting. It's the little things.

As I said, my LDS is wonderful about filling while I wait, if I need the tanks. But I try to do them a courtesy in return . . . If I bring in tanks that I KNOW I'm not going to need for several days, I tell them that, and when I expect I'll be coming back for them. That way, they know those tanks CAN be bumped to the bottom of the list, if they're going to go out of their way for one of their other customers. It all works out quite well.

just alittle while ago i hadn't realized my tanks were out of vis. I got lucky and the shop wasn't particularly busy so he did both my tanks while I waited, very nice of him.

Back
Top Bottom