Oh Sealife guys and gals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a DC1200 with dual strobes and was wondering if there is anyway to tighten the strobes up. It appears to me to be where the snap on peices are connected at the bottom of the arms . I made sure they were clean when I put them back together. I am thinking if the surfaces were rough it would make them not move so easy. Second thought is to super glue the bottom ones solid ,I haven't done anything with it yet and am just looking or advice.

Cheers
Michael

I would suggest you ship the flash(es) back to SeaLife Service for repair, but I see you are in Riyadh. Try this: The flash arm consists of a series of snap-together ball joints "links", The bottom link screws to the tray. Firmly grab the arm and the tray and bend until the bottom link dislocates from the other arm links. No worries - these links can always be snapped together again without any damage. You should now see the screw which connects the bottom link to the tray. Use an allen wrench to firmly tighten the screw to 30-35 inch pounds. SeaLife uses a special waterproof thread-lock compound during the assembly to prevent the screw from loosening over time. Adding more thread lock at this point is tricky, so we suggest using a stainless steel 1/4" split lock washer which is available at most hardware stores. Please let us know if we can mail you a washer from the states or offer more assistance.

SeaLife
Thanks for the reply and I am sorry I didnt make it clear in the post,I think the ball/joint area is where the strobes move to freely. I would like to see the ball/joints on the bottom part of the arm be a little stiffer so it would not move so easliy. Is there a way to adjust this. I have only found one thread addressing this and his suggestion was to tighten the bungee cord which would increase the downward pressure on the ball/joints. I wondered about roughing the surfaces of the ball/joint up so it would have some resistance by using a light sandpaper. Any thoughts from your end.

Cheers
Michael

I see. The ball joints [or LocLine "links"] will get stiffer over time as the contact surface gets rougher. We have never tried roughing-up the surface, but theoretically that might work. However, the flexible arm should have sufficient stiffness to hold the flash in its aimed position. Is the bottom link looser than the others? If so, it may be deformed or damaged and need replacing. If you don't have a SeaLife service center nearby, you can buy a complete arm replacement at your local dealer(Item SL9602). You may also consider getting the slightly longer flash arm, item SL9603.

Ok thanks for the info ,I tightened the bungee and will see how it works over the next trip. Thanks again

Cheers
Michael

---------- Post added ----------

Ok thanks for the info ,I tightened the bungee and will see how it works over the next trip. Thanks again

Cheers
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom