OH NO! It is all yellow.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one has ever complained about my fading gear or my discolored mask skirts.

Never interfered with my diving either, am I missing a fashion statement here?

I find it as mark of distinction showing I'm an active diver.

No one has ever complained about my fading gear or my discolored mask skirts.

Never interfered with my diving either, am I missing a fashion statement here?

I find it as mark of distinction showing I'm an active diver.

Your a dork diver as well! :D

I have used vinegar and baking soda on a slightly yellowing mask. Just be sure and clean it really well since the vinegar can cause eye irritation.

A capful (NOT a cupfull!) of bleach in 1 gallon of water. Soak the mask for 48 hours. Hey, a nifty bonus is that you can soak your feet in it afterward to get rid of athlete's foot (yes, really). This bleach trick also keeps the growth of mold under control for those people who 'forget' to wash their mask and put it away wet and store it in an enclosed space.

To prevent your mask from turning yellow so quickly next time, keep it stored in a clear mask box unless you are physically wearing it diving, washing it or hanging it to dry.

To prevent your mask from turning yellow so quickly next time, keep it stored in a clear mask box unless you are physically wearing it diving, washing it or hanging it to dry.
Well that explains why my new ones don't yellow! But it doesn't explain why they don't since all of mine have a neoprene mask strap cover. Now I am going to be up all night wondering why they don't yellow. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom