Oh my GOD.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFreak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am SOOOO BOOOOOORED :banghead:

I think i need to break out of this 9-5 job thing. might just sell my house, pay off loans and relax for a while....

Anybody ever done that? is it worth it? I feel like I'm gonna pop!

....vent vent vent vent vent.....

SF

I took four weeks off in January. The weather hasn't been cooperating, dive-wise so I went for long walks and layed around the house. Best month of my life! I'm not generally a lazy person, but near the end of that month I wanted nothing more than to win the Lottery just so I could try it for awhile. :D

ScubaFreak:

I think i need to break out of this 9-5 job thing. might just sell my house, pay off loans and relax for a while....

Anybody ever done that? is it worth it? I feel like I'm gonna pop!

....vent vent vent vent vent.....

SF

I know exACTly how you feel..... I'm having a fully blown crisis in my career right now. I have what is, by any standard, a good job but I feel more and more like I have a bit-part to play in the life of my career.

I am grateful for the chances I've had in my career but right now I'm feeling powerless and a bit depressed about it and to be perfectly honest I don't see any good answers to this dilemma right now. Basically I need the income but if I won a lot of money I'd be out of here faster than my colleagues could say "Did he say he was going diving?"

R..

I hear ya...

I have a decent computer job with decent money...but there really is more to life eh?
Starting to realise that way of life is more important than big job and big money...

SF

ScubaFreak:
I hear ya...

I have a decent computer job with decent money...but there really is more to life eh?
Starting to realise that way of life is more important than big job and big money...

SF

Yeah..... I work for a big consultancy firm doing project management and interim management of IT departments in need a major transitions ..... both kinds of jobs bring big changes to an organisation and although it pays fairly well it can be a pressure cooker to work in sometimes. I've have had this feeling before but the previous two times I just took 6 months leave and went to some far away country to destress and recharge (once in East Africa and once in India). This time is different because in the last 10 years I've gotten married and had children and I can't just bugger off like I used to do..... I feel trapped, running on empty and unable to recharge....

I'm sorry. This was supposed to be your whine. I guess this is bugging me more than I thought it was.....

R..

I did it, I had a great job at a good university, then threw it in and ran away to the circus (to be a diving instructor).

Best thing I ever did. Since then diving has taken me to every continent on earth except south america and antarctica, and those are still on the list..

Diver0001:
Yeah..... I work for a big consultancy firm doing project management and interim management of IT departments in need a major transitions ..... both kinds of jobs bring big changes to an organisation and although it pays fairly well it can be a pressure cooker to work in sometimes. I've have had this feeling before but the previous two times I just took 6 months leave and went to some far away country to destress and recharge (once in East Africa and once in India). This time is different because in the last 10 years I've gotten married and had children and I can't just bugger off like I used to do..... I feel trapped, running on empty and unable to recharge....

I'm sorry. This was supposed to be your whine. I guess this is bugging me more than I thought it was.....

R..

I aint married (yet) but i don't think my significant other would be too happy if I upped and left either. I could quite happily open a recording studio, play drums for a few months, get a part time job where i have zero stress and just live the life...damn...sounds better the more I think of it!

Hey Diver0001- if you were a woman we could run away together :wink:

heehee

ScubaFreak:

SF
What you need is a trip to Bonaire... :dazzler1:

Laurens

El Orans:
What you need is a trip to Bonaire... :dazzler1:

Laurens

you know Laurens...you 've given me an idea!!

If I do in fact manage to sell my house, that'd be the ideal way to start my little career break!
Yeah baby!!

SF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom