Ogden Pt./Ten Mile Pt. vis report/pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkH

Contributor
Reaction score
After hearing rumours of 30-ft viz at Ogden Pt all week, I went there this morning (Sunday) and found it was only 10-15 ft. I had to put up with the "you should have been here yesterday" comments. Next I tried Ten Mile on the afternoon slack. Vis was a bit better, but not much (15-20 feet). The pics are from both dives. Since I'm a narcissist, they are all self-portraits.

Still, I'd take 10-15 ft vis over not diving any day.

How do you take your self portraits underwater? Do you use a tripod? :wink:

diveborg:
Still, I'd take 10-15 ft vis over not diving any day.

How do you take your self portraits underwater? Do you use a tripod? :wink:
I usually put a bit of scallop or something on the shutter button and wait for a fish to come along and grab it. If the fish is big enough, it trips the shutter. That's why there were no fish in the pictures. - They were all fighting over the food on the other side of the camera.
-Or maybe I did use a tripod and the automatic timer shutter release. Sometimes the nitrogen makes it hard to remember.

swankenstein:
I usually put a bit of scallop or something on the shutter button and wait for a fish to come along and grab it. If the fish is big enough, it trips the shutter. That's why there were no fish in the pictures. - They were all fighting over the food on the other side of the camera.
-Or maybe I did use a tripod and the automatic timer shutter release. Sometimes the nitrogen makes it hard to remember.

Aw... c'mon... we were all thoroughly convinced that version #1 was true! How dare you play with our trust like that? :wink:

All kidding aside, despite the low viz, the dives still looked like fun :D

I think #1 was a fantastic idea. Pretty sweet regardless pulling off self portraits. And those are some more beautiful shots. Almost come to expect it from you now.

Back
Top Bottom