Officially a commercial diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just had my first scumbag not pay me for a bottom job.

Threaten him with small claims court and/or a mechanic's lien. Don't wait on this. If either of these fail to produce results, take his prop. Oh wait- did I say that out loud?
:snicker:

---------- Post added August 4th, 2014 at 06:56 PM ----------

I cannot dump a ton of money into bottom clean kit, when I have a grand total of two monthly customers, and myself.

Yet you can't even get your gear out of the water. How much is a 50' length of air hose gonna run you? If you want to make money working in the water, don't be married to your recreational gear. It's not suited to the job.

Last edited:
Threaten him with small claims court and/or a mechanic's lien. Don't wait on this. If either of these fail to produce results, take his prop. Oh wait- did I say that out loud?
:snicker:

Now you assume I have a prop puller :p

---------- Post added August 4th, 2014 at 06:56 PM ----------
Yet you can't even get your gear out of the water. How much is a 50' length of air hose gonna run you? If you want to make money working in the water, don't be married to your recreational gear. It's not suited to the job.

Now you have opened a can of worms. How do I adjust my buoyancy if I have no BC?

Now you have opened a can of worms. How do I adjust my buoyancy if I have no BC?

Dude, nobody wears a BC for hull cleaning. Simply weight yourself to be close to neutral at the surface. 99% of the time you aren't going to be working deeper than 6' or 8' anyway. Keep it simple- leave your air supply on the dock and ditch the bulky, heavy recreational gear. You will be more productive without it. I speak from 20 years and 25,000 hull cleanings experience.

Last edited:
Dude, nobody wears a BC for hull cleaning. Simply weight yourself to be close to neutral at the surface. 99% of the time you aren't going to be working deeper than 6' or 8' anyway. Keep it simple- leave your air supply on the dock and ditch the bulky, heavy recreational gear. You will be more productive without it. I speak from 20 years and 25,000 hull cleanings experience.

I will keep my eyes open for a hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom