For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a lightweight BP - a Deep Sea Supply Kydex one. They don't get any lighter than that.

The only time I use it is when I'm diving double steels in a 5mm wetsuit or thinner.

If I fly to dive single tank recreational dives, and it's warm water, I will be using my Freedom plate. In shorts and a rash guard with an aluminum tank, the weighting is very close to perfect.

If I were lucky enough to be in that situation and be able to get steel tanks, then I might possibly be 5 pounds or so over weighted. I've had that in Cozumel (diving with Aldora that offers steel HP100s and HP120s) and in Hawaii (diving with Kona Diving Company that also had steel 100s and 120s). In those cases, I have worn a 3 or 5mm full wetsuit and been back to nearly ideal weighting (as well as toasty warm and totally protected from cuts/scrapes/stings).

I'd like to get on the list as well. I dive BP/W and have read so many great things about the freedom plate. I will be diving for as long as I am physically able to, so the wait is fine :)

I'm 5'5, mostly warm water diving. So a Small size stainless would be my choice

Eric, when you get ready to pound out some more plates let me know, I'll fly out there and help you!

One medium aluminum steel, when they become available, please. Thanks!

Edited since I got a sweet deal on an aluminum OMS plate.

Back
Top Bottom