For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You’re still on the list and will be the first to get a small when they are available. I had a medium for your hubby so wanted to afford him the opportunity to get it while I had one, so that’s how that worked out.

Excellent, thank you!

I'd like to (finally) get my name in the ring for a large SS with a wedge, no polish needed.

I'd like to (finally) get my name in the ring for a large SS with a wedge, no polish needed.

Ha! I got polished and my number one issue (well, in reality my only issue) is that it gets scratched by the dang stainless d-rings and triglides during transportation!! It isn't a design flaw, it is a "oh, I want pretty things but then I want to use them," flaw. I am pretty careful but things shift during the car rides to and from the dive sites. I guess I am going for the used look because stuffing towels in the webbing, or heaven forbid disassembly, just seems a bit too delicate for how I roll. But dang, I really like the polished look.

And I lied, problem two with the polished plate, occasionally you'll catch the sun's reflection and damn near blind yourself temporarily.

Both of these issued said, if I ever buy another it'll be polished. It do look good. If it bothers me enough someday I'll buff mine out. Apologies for the digression.

Ha! I got polished and my number one issue (well, in reality my only issue) is that it gets scratched by the dang stainless d-rings and triglides during transportation!! It isn't a design flaw, it is a "oh, I want pretty things but then I want to use them," flaw. I am pretty careful but things shift during the car rides to and from the dive sites. I guess I am going for the used look because stuffing towels in the webbing, or heaven forbid disassembly, just seems a bit too delicate for how I roll. But dang, I really like the polished look.

And I lied, problem two with the polished plate, occasionally you'll catch the sun's reflection and damn near blind yourself temporarily.

Both of these issued said, if I ever buy another it'll be polished. It do look good. If it bothers me enough someday I'll buff mine out. Apologies for the digression.
Look at the “bright” side of having a polished plate, it can double as a signaling mirror if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom