off the beaten path, Recife-Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAN-O-WAR

Reaction score
I took this photo on a wreck dive in Recife, Brazil. Decent visibility, decent wrecks...and to my surprise a diver who can keep his hair "stylish" even at 100ft down! Does anyone know how much hair spray may be needed in order to keep one's hair like that underwater? (I hope I can attach this file correctly, it's the first time I post a photo)

...and handling the livestock. :rolleyes:

So much for handling the sealife! I'm thinking of going to Fernando de Noronha and Recife is a jump off point. Did you go to Fernando?

well, actually the diver was retuning that conch to the ocean. Apparently one of the divers spotted the conch on a fishing boat and asked if he could have it. That was the reason I took that photo, and when the photo was developed I thought the diver's hair was funny.
I went to Fernando de Noronha last year. It was the best vacation trip I ever had, and the dives were great. You can leave to the island from the city of Natal instead of Recife as well. I found Natal to be a more interesting and prettier town if you are going to spend some time on the main land.

IzziTahil: I did all my diving with "Aguas Claras". I spoke to other people who also went to Noronha and some dived with "Atlantis", I heard no complaints either way. However Aguas Claras have what they call the express: very fast small boats that leave every hour for one tank dive. I don't get along with boats (sea sick), so these boats came up handy as you reach the dive points in just a few minutes and it carries a max of 8 divers. You gear up completely, tank, weights and all while the boat is still docked, and once it leaves it goes full throttle. The services and the dive master were top class, but mostly when you are on the boat. Dealing with the dive operator as far as payments and the whole set up was a little complicated regardless of the fact I speak portuguese.The other boats I saw in the island were old and very slow, one was carrying lots of divers that i thought i was in West Palm Beach. Apart from that, Noronha was once again my best vacation ever. The island is small, has plenty of restrictions imposed to the tourists and residents in order to protect the environment, but if you don't mind the lack of luxury, the beaty of the place is quite impressive and certainly unique. I am attaching my favorite photo from Noronha.

For all those Elvis "die hard fans" out there that photo is proof he is alive and well in Brazil :wacko:

Your great photo of Noronha shows how beautiful that area is.

Even though I am originally from Recife, I never did any diving there. I did an intro dive in Noronha, then back to the US west Coast took my PADI cert classes in the cold waters of Monterey.
Now off on vacation to Recife and Noronha ... only 4 days in Noronha, but then the rest of 4 weeks in Recife and Porto de Galinhas.
The great thing about going down there instead of Caribeean or South Pacific is .... cost. You can do so much more spending less money than anywhere else.
The amount of dolphins that come to Noronha every day (to Baia Dos Golfinhos) is huge .... 400 maybe .... paradise!
It deserves being called the 'Emerald of the Atlantic'.

http://www.usefilm.com/image/237792.html
http://www.underwater.com.br/english/noronha.htm

Try the Aguas Claras website for some pics, click on 'Galeria', then click on 'Fotos'.
http://www.aguasclaras-fn.com.br/

Cheers

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom