Off Shore report for 1/21- 1/23 ,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We started out Friday night, leaving the docks at 7pm and heading out 19 NM out of Sebastion Inlet, sea's were flat!!! Less then 1', just about a Full Moon, and we headed out to a reef, that was around 90' at the bottom. Upper water temps were near 70, at the bottom closer to 68. Vis was around 30-35' , we did a few dives till 2am, some fishing, air temp was beautiful, great night dives.

Today ( Sunday) we headed out of the port, ( Port Canaveral ) about 8am, waters were 3' to 4' with an occasional 5'-6' , about a mile off shore we decided with the small craft advisory to head back in, and drop in near the the inlet. At 40' vis was washed out, and bottom temps were near 65. So we geared back up, broke out the poles and headed in to do some flounder fishing.

In the afternoon, sea's wernt as bad as they said still, we headed back out a mile or so off shore, then fished for a bit, and turned back in, mostley 3'-4' sea's, with an occasional 5' in there, i heard there going to build up till Thursday , then droping back down to 2'-4' by Thursday afternoon. Winds were blowing today, (Sunday) and yes, it was cold, but id rather be diving and fishing anytime in FL, cause cold is never really that cold in FL, diver's up north are chipping away at ice, and diving in water temps less then 40 degree's, so it was still an enjoyable weekend, as was the past few diving with the Lemon Shark's, even nicer diving now bubbless with the new rebreather:)

If any of you FL Conch diver's want to join us somtime, we dive all most every weekend, to every other weekend, anywhere from Sebastion, down through West Palm, and down through the Key's, even over to the West Coast every few month's, so you'll more then welcome to drop me a PM and join us somtime's,and you don;t have to feel you can't dive with us, just cause were on rebreather's, there's two of us that dive bubbless, well three, and a few other's including my wife dive OC.
If we can get a few peep's, ( four prefered) we do the Key's alot, i love diving the wrecks down there, and the reef's like Molasses at night.

I have a 21' Center Console,( Angler ) that is perfect for diving, all set up with the eletronic's, and im in search on a T-TOP with spreder light's for night diving.

If your planning to head out also, and need a few boats to join you, let us know, as Friday night, we had 3 boat's 20 mile's off shore, a bunch of fun, can't wait for the Summer time !!!

Sounds like you guys had a great time, I'll keep your offer in mind whenever I can make it out that way :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sounds like you guys had a great time, I'll keep your offer in mind whenever I can make it out that way :D

hey no prob !!

Now im even more jealous, as i missed the Dive with all the FL Conch diver's down in Jupiter this past weekend, sounds like they had a good time !!

Im reading there post now, ,:wink:

Make a deal- you join us & we'll join you!!! We'll be doing some beach diving soon down my way. You & your wife (& anyone else) will have to join us.

I second Marvel's reply....let us know when you're going out, and I bet you'll get enough of us.....always happy to assist with fuel, lunch and post dive beverages. And come on out to any event, even if you're not able to join the dives. We generally manage to turn a one or two tank dive into an all day....and sometimes an all weekend event.

KBeck:
I second Marvel's reply....let us know when you're going out, and I bet you'll get enough of us.....always happy to assist with fuel, lunch and post dive beverages. And come on out to any event, even if you're not able to join the dives. We generally manage to turn a one or two tank dive into an all day....and sometimes an all weekend event.

Hey sure will, i appreicate the offer's, i have a few buddies who also have boat's that dive, i will start to show up more often on the SB trips, as well, we know most on here from the fourm's, and looking foward to meeting everyone else as well, thanks!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom