Off Season Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skeet:
all the dive buddies say it is to cold to dive now. any good reading to recommend, i have already "shadow divers", "deep descent", "the last dive", i heard about these in another thread here.
Caverns Measureless to Man
Dark Descent
Marine Salvage - The Unforgiving Business of no cure - no pay
Stars Beneath the Sea - The Pioneers of Diving
Basic Cave Diving - A Blueprint for Survival
Brave Men - Dark Waters

I also liked "Fatal Depth" and appear to be in the minority. Bouncing "Deep Descent", "The Last Dive", "Shadow Divers", and "Fatal Depth" against each other produces some interesting contrasts.

I also have to recommend Helldiver's Rodeo. And I'd like to add this thread I started a few months ago http://scubaboard.com/t67823-.html There might be some ideas in there for you.

another vote for "helldivers". and aside from reading, after the seventh time through helldivers/deep descent/whatever, watch any Seahunt epoisode!!!!!!

'Down Time' is a good collection of short stories about diving.

What's an off season??? lol. GEts colder but viz gets better (some of the time anyway) aint stoppin for a little thing like the cold. If that happened be no diving getting done over here. Never gets that warm anyway lol.

I agree, just cant get any of the local dive buddies too. Looks like a may have found some willing divers here on the Board, this place is great, working on plans now. Just how cold is the water over there, are you diving wet suite or dry?

deadend:
Helldiver's Rodeo by Humberto Fontova

amazing book...makes me wish i could strap on a tank, grab a spear gun, and dive into the rigs...that must be a sweet life

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom