Ode to Michael Jackson...Underwater Moonwalking Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loved the video Shaka and sorry it turned into an opportunity for some people to feel morally superior to another without knowing any facts other than what the media tells them to think.

Last edited:
This is my favorite video (maybe tied with Thriller) 'cause besides lovin' the music, I'm lovin' the choreography, and his outfit. He was so hot! :D

Sorry. Have to use a link. I get a "embedded disabled by request" message when I try to embed it.

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Beat It

I wonder how the children he molested are doing..............seems that no one remembers them and the pain and suffering they went through.
I wonder if those who are comforted by the jury's "not guilty" verdict would leave their own children in MJ's care. What was not disputed in his trial was that this 40+ year old man was entertaining children not related to him in his bed. I'm sorry, I can't overlook that because he does a great moonwalk.:shakehead:

By the way, the rules that govern a trial don't govern our lives. We are allowed, even obligated, to make judgments based on other criteria besides "beyond a reasonable doubt." And in the case of pedophilia, we should err well on the side of caution and assume that adults who act inappropriately with children should be kept far away from children.

Last edited:
"he was not guilty of those crimes."? About like OJ wasn't guilty. If you have enough money available you can be "not guilty" of anything. Lots of difference between "not guilty" and "innocent". The jurist system is full of contradictions and mistakes. Look at all the prisoners who are being released because of DNA. Think of the many who have rotted in prison all their lives and those who have been executed on false testimony or railroaded into prison by some over-zealous prosecutor or corrupt police department. Yeah. Right. He was "not guilty" alright.
You are calling him guilty until proven innocent, is that the ideal judicial system you are talking about? That is exactly what sends innocent people to jail too. If I ever got so unlucky to get wrongly arrested and have a "jury of my peers" I sure hope I don't get peers like you.

Anyway onto the real subject I'm with Tomeck, Billy Jean is one of the best RnB songs ever and MJ's finest. The beat of that song forces you to move your booty (unless you have no soul :wink: )

The principle that it is "better that ten quilty persons escape than one innocent man suffer" is a guiding principle of our legal system, inherited from the English along with much of our legal tradition. We want to be sure before we imprison a man. That is appropriate, in my mind, and it is important to the administration of justice that is perceived as fair. I believe that MJ got a fair trial and was appropriately acquitted.

That fact does not require me to suspend all critical thinking about his case! If I were a member of his jury I might have voted to acquit him too. But that doesn't mean I believe he's not a pedophile; it just means that it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt with the evidence presented in that court. Out here in the world, a judge doesn't tell me what evidence is admissible or what standard of proof to require. So I get to make the decision to keep my nephews as far away from him as possible. The jury system is a check against abuse of the legal apparatus by people with power; it doesn't require you to stop using your own common sense.

Last edited:
Thanks Fairy, I'm fine with this thread.

Back
Top Bottom