Ode to Michael Jackson...Underwater Moonwalking Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder how the children he molested are doing..............seems that no one remembers them and the pain and suffering they went through.

As far as I recall he was found not guilty. That's not to say he was normal in all respects but he was not guilty of these crimes.

R..

"he was not guilty of those crimes."? About like OJ wasn't guilty. If you have enough money available you can be "not guilty" of anything. Lots of difference between "not guilty" and "innocent". The jurist system is full of contradictions and mistakes. Look at all the prisoners who are being released because of DNA. Think of the many who have rotted in prison all their lives and those who have been executed on false testimony or railroaded into prison by some over-zealous prosecutor or corrupt police department. Yeah. Right. He was "not guilty" alright.

I know miscarriages of justice do happen and I think it's pretty much universally accepted the OJ should have been found guilty.

And although Jackson obviously wasn't a normal man the grand jury found him not guilty. That's a simple black and white fact.

I don't have enough of an impression about this to know if he did anything wrong but evidently he didn't do anything "illegal". And even given that he got a bit of a "trial by media" I didn't hear loud outpourings of disbelief in the media after the Jackson trial like we heard after the OJ trial.

What I'm seeing here is that you would *like* to believe he did it, which obviously has no bearing on whether he did or not.

R..

McDonalds just unveiled a tribute sandwich. A 50 year old patty between two 8 year old buns.....

I wonder how the children he molested are doing..............seems that no one remembers them and the pain and suffering they went through.

They're probably doing well, muti million dollar pay offs will buy some good therapy and a nice lifestyle

but above all he is an icon of a generation, my generation, who will never forget him.
Absolutely!!! I could not have said it better. Whether or not you agree with his personality, excesses and morality is a different matter but this man shaped the music of my generation. There are still artists today performing the kind of dance moves that he invented 25 years ago.

I'm not sure on what basis EED and Garrobo is so convinced that he was a pedophile and that he molested children. The fact remains that, after a lengthy and thorough trial, he was found "not guilty".

I won't deny that he was a messed up and disturbed individual but I personally do not believe that he molested those kids. He was pretty much robbed of his own childhood and I don't think he ever really grew up. As an adult he still saw himself as a kid and acted accordingly.

Furthermore, I think he falls in the same tragic category with Vincent van Gogh, Bobby Fischer, Elvis Presley and many many others who was so exceedingly good at what they did but just could not fit in with society. Regardless, I admire all of them.

. There are still artists today performing the kind of dance moves that he invented 25 years ago.

Yeah... Regardless of all the he-said-she-said about his private life, one thing is certain. When you put that boy on a stage he was magnificent.

Diver0001:: A "grand jury" doesn't find anyone guilty or not guilty of anything. They only decide if there is enough evidence to support arrest and prosecution. There's a lot of difference between guilty, not guilty and insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Last edited:
Diver0001:: A "grand jury" doesn't find anyone guilty or not guilty of anything. They only decide if there is enough evidence to support arrest and prosecution. There's a lot of difference between guilty, not guilty and insufficient evidence to prosecute.

So all the times people thought you did something and you didnt, you where guilty? Is that insufficient evidence? So in the states does that mean if you dont have enough evidence to prove guilt your guilty. I surely think OJ did something, my opinion. It is wrong thing to think on my part. They did not prove it. We as a public proved it without perfect evidence, money did not save him, the evidence did. Same with Jackson. I would like to believe he did those things because he is wierd and wierd people do those things, am I right in that thought? My thinking is wrong there also, the evidence says different. The kid said so. Well I was molested as child so dont think that I am dissing the kid. How many people smell molestation money around him.
The man was a genius. We cant point fingers unless we want them back.

Back
Top Bottom