Odd little question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but that's not really the problem. I can usually tell quickly what the cable is for, but for which camera? The idea of using a labelmaker might work, but I was hoping someone had a source for small write/on tags attached to twisty ties or something. Woody

So use the same technique with colors corresponding to brands. Make a small mark on the camera next to the port as well as on the cable cladding near that port end. I didn't really have to spell that out for you, did I? :wink:

i used to have a paint marker that was made to write on rubber, worked good on silicone also. It was actually made to lable scuba equipment.

This was over 20 years ago and the paint is still on my Jetfins. If you can find one of those, the paint would most likley stay on longer than nail polish or other paints or markers not designed for rubber or silicone that will most likely flake or rub off.

You could name your cameras #1-#3 and put one, two or three bars or "slashes" across the cords that relate to each camera.

So use the same technique with colors corresponding to brands. Make a small mark on the camera next to the port as well as on the cable cladding near that port end. I didn't really have to spell that out for you, did I? :wink:

Apparently you did, as using nail polish in different colors to mark the cables and cameras simply didn't occur to me before I started this thread.:blush: I suppose that this is just a case of Occam's razor again. (the simplest solution is usually the best one):wink: Okay, so it's off to Wally World for some cheap nail polish... Thanks, everyone, for your input.:10:Woody

Glad it sounds like a good idea, and you didn't take my reply for being snotty. (I included the wink smiley, but you never know if 'tone' translates well on the intranets. Those darn tubes....)

Anyway, after posting I happened to think about whether nail polish would hurt the rubberized/plasticy stuff on cables and/or camera bodies. Might want to be safe and 'test' a inconspicuous spot first.

The polish doesn't seem to be a problem. I put a dot of it on the camera end of the cables, and another dot inside the flap on the camera housing which closes the access port area. I just make sure everything is completely dry before closing things up, and so far no problems (so far...) Woody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom