Odd little question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's something that I know bothers others besides me, but I have never seen discussed here. I now have 3 cameras (all of the Olympus persuasion:D) and they all have various cords that service them. (downloading cords, charging cords, power cords, ad nauseum..) And they often look very similiar (LOOK the same, but the same they are NOT) It can be great fun keeping these sorted out when you go to use one of them and trying to figure out which is which. There has to be a reasonable way of labeling these things so that they can be readily distinguished from each other. Any ideas? Woody

Pick a color scheme that makes sense to you e.g. power is red, USB is blue, video is yellow, whatever) and put a dab of paint or nail polish on the 'business' end rubber, just behind the metal.

We use a label maker and label each cord so we know which is which.

Odd, I have swapped out Canon, Nikon and Reefmaster USB cords and never had an issue.

Mike

I use masking tape and a sharpie for the 4 cell phones, 3 digital cameras, digital key, chain 5 mp3 players, chargers and usb cords for the computer, cam corder and all the remote control car rechargable batteries my son has.

Use to be all you had to figure out was the remotes for the tv/vcr/dvd/cd player.

Odd, I have swapped out Canon, Nikon and Reefmaster USB cords and never had an issue.

Mike

The little mini-connectors aren't standardized, the ones kind of shaped like the Pizza Hut icon (horizontal rectangle with extra triangle 'wings' extending the bottom edge). We've got a Canon digital mini-tape recorder that uses the same interface for the camera end of its USB cable as my Olympus E-330 - but while I can plug the cable into either, only the *right* cable works in each device.

USB cables based on the mini-"D" shaped connector do tend to be standard.

Pick a color scheme that makes sense to you e.g. power is red, USB is blue, video is yellow, whatever) and put a dab of paint or nail polish on the 'business' end rubber, just behind the metal.

Yeah, but that's not really the problem. I can usually tell quickly what the cable is for, but for which camera? The idea of using a labelmaker might work, but I was hoping someone had a source for small write/on tags attached to twisty ties or something. Woody

I like the nail polish idea, just "borrow" some from your wife/girlfriend and you have a cheap and easy solution :D

Yours,
Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom