Octopuss problem. What went wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jb2cool

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have got my regs back from service recently.

On my first dive with them i got all kitted up and air on as normal and all is well until just as i'm about to enter the water. My octopuss starts blasting off like a machine gun "Pop, pop, pop, pop" short rapid bursts of air coming out of him. I couldn't stop this blasting off by blocking the mouthiece (Like you usually can with a freeflow).

I got my buddy to turn my air off and then purged my system. When he turned my air back on exactly the same again. There is no muck or debris in/under/around diaphram and the valve lever looks to be moving fine.

This will me going back to the store soon but what was the problem? I do recall that this happened to one of my regs in training whilst in the pool so i guess this is one of the more common problems.

This is an Oceanic Alpha octopuss by the way.

so this will be a high interstage pressure right?

jb2cool:
so this will be a high interstage pressure right?
The first stage pressure is set too high. Send it back as they would of set it right in the service and checked it before sending it back so the HP seat has probably died...

Back
Top Bottom