Octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gave my Air II up shortly after I started DMing. My newly rebuilt reg started leaking water around the diaphragm and so I went to my backup. The look on one of the student's faces was way too funny. It does look like you are breathing off of your BC.

The Aeris Gyro is exactly same as the Oceanic... but with an A on the face plate instead of an O...

They did have problems with these a few years ago... the mold had a flaw in it - and it would cause some cracking, or free flow problems. Long since fixed and we have no problems with them at all now.

I like it - because unlike someone else stated - to me this is not "equipment that will only get used in an emergency". I've got over 8000 dives, and never once have I seen an actual out of air emergency... But on a lot of dives, I'll have more air left then someone in the group - so I'll have them breath off my octo for a bit so we don't have to surface and swim back to the boat/shore on top... Then have them switch back to theirs for the ascent. Using the swivel style octo is great for this as the person can be on your right side, and not have the hose all twisted around...

Of course the viper octo will also work for that... but I like the swivel Aeris just a bit better.... Seems a little smoother breather as well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom