Octopus second-stage: over shoulder or under arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note: if you're short like me, 40" can be too long for the under arm primary to be completely streamlined and it'll find its way past and over your elbow. I imagine the opposite problem applies if you're larger/taller than average. If you're interested in that set-up, try to measure with a piece of string or something under your arm for the best hose length, or see if you can try it on someplace

I'm short like me and have always had my 40" routed under my arm. I love it.

I'm short like me and have always had my 40" routed under my arm. I love it.
Mine usually stays in place but it'll pop out unexpectedly at times. Maybe it's just how I have my arms

Mine usually stays in place but it'll pop out unexpectedly at times. Maybe it's just how I have my arms

Pop out where? How?

It usually slips past my elbow to be above my arm instead of under

How do you hold your arms whilst diving?

How do you hold your arms whilst diving?
Typically 90 degree in front or slightly in front and below me, but when dealing with gear or moving things around, I'll need to move my arm like a chicken wing and that's when it slips over my elbow at times

Typically 90 degree in front or slightly in front and below me, but when dealing with gear or moving things around, I'll need to move my arm like a chicken wing and that's when it slips over my elbow at times

Hmmm . . . I've got no answer for you.

Back
Top Bottom