Octopus Diving on St Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbiker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone dove with Chris and Sally ? We are headed there this spring, seems to get great reviews... feedback and tips appreciated.

I'm doing my divemaster internship there right now, so I'm somewhat biased, but I also loved diving with them before I became friends with them. Chris and Sally are great, as are the instructors they have right now. They take a maximum of six divers on the boat at once, which is quite nice, and the boat can hold at least 16 people, so it ends up being quite spacious for smaller groups. They also do a max of 2 students per instructor for classes or discover scuba dives. They have a new boat this year, which is a 30-foot power cat. It's quite fast, so it's easier to get anywhere on the island (to the Dutch side, Tintamarre, etc.). If you're diving multiple times, they will do their best to make sure you get to go to different sites each time. We also go out with them on off days pretty regularly to find new sites. It doesn't always pan out, but there are several sites that we have found that they now dive regularly and are never visited by anyone else. They also have well-maintained rental gear and really clean air.

I think the main drawback is that they do get fully booked sometimes, but it probably won't be an issue in the spring since it is the off-season. Please pm me if you have other questions.

Hi Marcaumarc! Thanks for the message. We're reserved and will be there June 11th to check in and dive Sat - Tuesday. Will you still be there? Looking forward to it.

jason

Jason,
I'm headed there on April 25th.Everyone on SB speaks highly of Sally and Chris's
operation and I plan on using them myself.I'll be staying at Pelican Resort and I'm not sure about transportation to and from, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.I'll let you know how it went.See you there Marco....
David

Hey Jason (and David),

I'm here until November, so I'll definitely see you guys and hopefully get to go diving with you while you're here. The conditions should be terrific, the water is already getting calmer, clearer and warmer right now!

Hi Marcaumarc! Thanks for the message. We're reserved and will be there June 11th to check in and dive Sat - Tuesday. Will you still be there? Looking forward to it.

jason

Just booked with Octopus for the week prior to you. Maybe we'll pass you in the airport :crafty:

Jason,

My wife and two of our friends will be the others on your boat ... we arive on the 11th and are scheduled to do our AOW with Octopus Sunday through Tuesday. A good time will be had by all, I am confident.

Mark

Jason,

My wife and two of our friends will be the others on your boat ... we arive on the 11th and are scheduled to do our AOW with Octopus Sunday through Tuesday. A good time will be had by all, I am confident.

Mark
Mark,

Very cool. Looking forward to getting away. Where are you all from? We live in South Dakota. Be traveling to St Martin via New York (few days of fine food in Manhattan b/f more fine food in Grand Case!)

Jason

We all live in St. Louis and have some good dive experience amongst us (more quality than quantity though). We'll be diving with Octopus during the week and plan on going to Saba Thursday for an overnight stay (diving both days there).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom