Octoberfest Megadive info posted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Check the calendar for updates. The prospective dates are Fri.,Oct. 28- Sun.,Oct. 31.
Same as before, camping will be Fri through Sun nights, hopefully reserving sites #40, 41. That area provides us with the most room for the buck. If anyone needs a private electric site, they will need to reserve a nearby site on their own. I will post those sites that will be available after I reserve 40,41. I am planning on having all eating utensils covered. (plates, knives, forks, spoons, napkins, cups)
As I will be cleaning out the freezer this week, I can start stocking it with meats so the only things that will be needed should be side dishes and drinks.
If anyone wants to bring breakfast stuff, the Omelet buffet will be open Saturday and Sunday mornings. I now have a large grill for smoked/grilled meats, and will have breakfast veggies prepped ahead of time to avoid last minute delays.
I expect breakfast stuff to be ready in half the time it usually takes.
I will also be stockpiling pancake mixes/contents and will have a pancake griddle going. If people bring stuff for public consumption, I will have an area designated for such. This way the snacks and drinks will be very accessible versus not knowing what's private or not.
I will have two large tents on site as well as the MegaTarp!
Other items that will be helpful are the usual, oak/pine wood for cooking/campfires, ice, and charcoal.
Keep watching this thread for updates. Any "Official info" regarding location and updated status will be in the calendar section for the event.

Hope you all have fun, i'll be back in blighty for my Mum's 60th that weekend and the next two weeks :wink:

Those dates are good for me, I'm looking forward to getting back over there for some warm water spring dives :wink:

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Same as before, camping will be Fri through Sun nights, hopefully reserving sites #40, 41.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but where are we talking about?!?

I can gather somewhere in Florida, but the above description doesn't help me as newer member.

My GF (Non-diver) and I are tenative. The dates look good to me.

jwvanno: Ginnie Springs

Matt

scubafool:
What is warm about spring water?!

Central FL springs are in the 72ºF range, panhandle springs(where I dive often) are in the 68ºF range. The 4ºF really does make a noticable difference :) the comment was all relative to what I'm used to!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom