October in Wakatobi and Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Szymo1

Traveling to Wakatobi Dive Resort is *much* easier than traveling to anywhere in R4.

Get to Bali, they take care of everything after this (they charter a fairly large plane 2-3 times a week) to fly from Bali to their private airstrip on the island next to the resort (because it's their charter you never need to worry about overweight baggage on this flight).

If you're not staying at the resort (instead staying at a homestay or somewhere else then the ferry is going to be your only option, and yes, that's a pain).

We've been back to Wakatobi 3-4 times just because it's so easy (and the food and the diving is so good...)
Like Misool eco Resort it is not in my budget, sadly. Although I also think its been good to travel like a local at time. That said, I'd use the Bali/Wakatobi flight/resort in a minute if I could afford it. I aim for under $100 a night stays and $30-50 a dive. It just means I can dive more. But I'll make it to Wakatobi marine park at some point!!
@Szymo1

Traveling to Wakatobi Dive Resort is *much* easier than traveling to anywhere in R4.

Get to Bali, they take care of everything after this (they charter a fairly large plane 2-3 times a week) to fly from Bali to their private airstrip on the island next to the resort (because it's their charter you never need to worry about overweight baggage on this flight).

If you're not staying at the resort (instead staying at a homestay or somewhere else then the ferry is going to be your only option, and yes, that's a pain).

We've been back to Wakatobi 3-4 times just because it's so easy (and the food and the diving is so good...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom