Octo Z hose? Why so custom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aikiguy

Contributor
Reaction score
On the blue parts, not the brown or green parts.
# of dives
50 - 99
We just picked up a new Octo Z and a Lazer for my wife. The Octo Z arrived and has a custom hose with it....

I really don't like custom Hoses. They are impossible to replace in out of the way places, and generally cost an arm and a leg. The hose has me worried, because we are headed out into the pacific on our own sailboat again soon, and I like to carry spare parts.

I love the New Octo Z versus the old Octo +, but am wondering at that custom hose.... Why? Why not a normal BC inflator hose?

Oh by the way, I have had to opportunity to work with Zeagle support over the course of the last week several times getting my BC serviced, and my Octo + replaced with an Octo Z. My BC and Octo Z are supposed to arrive back tomorrow.

Zeagle is one of the best companies that I have ever dealt with for customer service. These people ROCK. I have talked to 6 of the people or so that work there, and they are all amazingly customer centered. Took the time to talk me through everything, and even answered 4 or 5 calls of questions on the Zena versus the Lazer for my wife, with the most customer friendly attitude that I have ever seen.

If for no other reason that Made in the USA and the customer service, Zeagle has my future business. Even with the weird supply hose! :D

Guy
:)

It is not really a custom hose. It uses the same connection as several of the other octo/inflators. The hoses are generally a standard reg hose with an adapter on it.
The reason for a different connection is that the standard inflator connection does not provide enough air flow if it has to support breathing at depth.

If you carry spare parts just get the adapter ($25.00 ?) that fits on a standard reg hose and you are golden.

Take a good look at the hose for the Octo-Z.

It is simply a standard regulator hose with an adapter on the end, which attaches to the Octo-Z unit. If you were on a trip and had some sort of problem with the hose, just screw off the adapter, change the hose out, and you are done.

I would venture to say that it is anything but custom!!!

Thanks,

Scott

1> Scott is right again! (It is starting to worry me. Is the center of diving rightness in the middle of Florida??? ) :D

2> Yep it comes apart! It is a regulator hose with an adapter! Ok the adapter looks like it is capable of going through anything and still adapting, so I now have NO WORRIES...... I have a couple of spare regulator hoses in my save a dive kit already... So this is a non issue.... Sorry for not looking at it closer before asking!

3> I really really really Love my Zeagle Ranger.... I hope the wife likes the Lazer as much as I like my Zeagle.

Zeagle has my business going forward!

Thanks for the ultra quick answer Scott!!!!!!!

ZEAGLE ROCKS!!!!!!

(I normally do not support corporations with Praise, but I have to give kudos to Zeagle. WAY WAY great customer support!)

Guy
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom