Closed: Octo to go with a Legend LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are pictures of the Titan LX for $110 with shipping that has had less than 20 dives on it being sold by @TGIF. Here's info on the item: Aqua Lung UAE, GCC - Aquatic Equipment for Personal and Professional Use - Titan LX Octopus

IMG_5063[2].JPG
IMG_5064[1].JPG

Whats the stack up between an Apeks XT50 and a new Mikron? Both are balanced? I've heard (read) good things about the TX50 for colder waters when coupled with a good sealed 1st stage, but nothing good or bad about the Mikron in that regard.
Disclaimer. I do not do cold water diving. The Mikron is not known for cold water diving and probably not a good choice for that. The advantage with the Mikron is small size, especially good for travel, and in my opinion, as octos and pony regs for recreation divers.

The Apeks line is popular with cold water divers and the metal barrel is preferred. I think the Titan LX also has a metal barrel but not sure about the octo? it does have a "heat exchanger" and venturi levers but no adjustment knob.

I think either choice presented would work well for summer lake diving but hopefully a cold water diver will join in the discussion.

Sweet! What did you decide to go with? Congrats on the find! I love this place...Everyone is super helpful.

I went with the TX50's. That Titan LX looks gorgeous, but since there was multiple TX's available, I really liked the idea of matching my gear with my wife's to simplify service and spare parts. (At least that's the idea...)

One left. Out of generic LP hoses, but have lots of used serviceable Scubapro hoses with the weird slotted nut. Will that do?

Back
Top Bottom