Closed: Octo to go with a Legend LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JaveStack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there all,

I'm new to the forum and SCUBA. Recently got my OWD in Belize, loved it, and started building my own rig. I found a great deal for me and my wife on a pair of 70th Anniversary Legend LX regulators, but I'm looking to sped a bit less on an octo. (Not that it isn't worth spending, I just like to save where I can.) Does anybody have an older legend octo to sell? Advice on another option that would work with the legend first stage? Cold water capability is a plus. Don't plan on diving ice, but Lake MI in the summer can still be pretty chilly.

Let me know if you have anything to sell that fits that description, and go easy on me if I'm a bit of a naive newbie!

My buddy is at work so she wants me to post for her. She has a Titan LX that has under 20 dives on it and is asking $110 for it including shipping. I can send you photos if you are interested.

Options are wide open since most any second stage can be matched to your Legend first stage. I do however recommed sticking with an Aqualung for simplicity in servicing. I personally also prefer a second that has a work of breathing adjustment to detune when not in use but if absent you can just ask you LDS to match it to your first and slightly detune.

If you consider a Titan or Calypso, especially if newer used, make sure it has the standard connect and not the quick connect AL switch to for several years.

Here is one option I found with a 1 minute ebay search...

Aqualung LEGEND LX 2nd Stage SCUBA Dive Regulator Octo Octopus 40" LP Hose | eBay

And if you keep an open mind I think this makes a geat octo and on sale at a good price...

Aqua Lung Mikron Octopus

Last edited:
Outofoffice,

Thank you, pictures would be great. I am definitely interested.

UNC,

Thanks for the links. I did see that legend on Ebay. The buyer isn't giving me much info on history, and I tend to trust enthusiasts on boards like this one over randoms on ebay, so I just wanted to cast a net here as well.

UNC,

Thanks for the links. I did see that legend on Ebay. The buyer isn't giving me much info on history, and I tend to trust enthusiasts on boards like this one over randoms on ebay, so I just wanted to cast a net here as well.

How do you feel about the mikron as a second?

I have several new-old-stock Apex TX50's that have adjustable work of breathing knobs. $70 ea. + postage. Will add serviceable used hose with new o-rings.
20180115_182947.jpg

Last edited:
How do you feel about the mikron as a second?

Whats the stack up between an Apeks XT50 and a new Mikron? Both are balanced? I've heard (read) good things about the TX50 for colder waters when coupled with a good sealed 1st stage, but nothing good or bad about the Mikron in that regard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom