Oct. 11 - 21 Anyone going to be in Myan Riviera area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for a dive buddy. We are staying at the Akumal Beach Resort and I am looking to do some reef diving around Akumal and also do a couple of days diving in Cozumel. Anyone going down there and diving at that time would like to hear from you.

I am going to be in Cancun Oct 11-14, me and my brother are going to dive at least once. More then welcome to jump in, I am trying to find a good trip right now.

Boomo

BlueSpringsDiver:
I'm looking for a dive buddy. We are staying at the Akumal Beach Resort and I am looking to do some reef diving around Akumal and also do a couple of days diving in Cozumel. Anyone going down there and diving at that time would like to hear from you.

Head over to www.locogringo.com It's a site specializing in Akumal and the board there is very active. Akumal Beach Resort is a very popular choice for alot of locogringo board members. That would probably be your best chance to find a dive buddy. There's a shop right at the resort - Venta Divers, and two in "town," a short distance away.

Diving in Akumal is done in small groups with a DM. Group descends together and comes up together. If you do end up solo you'll be fine. There are always solo divers when on the boat when I've been in Akumal and it's never and issue.

You've got to do at least one day of cenotes. Amazing and it's something unique to the area. One of the top cavern/cave diving destinations in the world. Don't miss it! Dennis at Diablo Divers is a very good choice for a guide. www.diablodivers.com

Have a great trip!

Sorry, but I wish!!!!!:shakehead

Spent a week this summer at Playa and didn't want to leave!

We’re a member on Locogringo that is how we found out about ABR. Did a cenote last year, Hidden Worlds. It was cool, thought I would like it more (I love caves and stop whenever I see one), but there is so much more to see in the ocean. It is a must do dive though. I will also do a post on LG about a dive buddy. Thanks

We will be in Mayan until the 15th. we haven't booked anything yet, but will be looking to dive. I will post contact info as we finalize itinerary. this will be my first time to Mexico and only our 5th + dives.

BlueSpringsDiver:
We’re a member on Locogringo that is how we found out about ABR. Did a cenote last year, Hidden Worlds. It was cool, thought I would like it more (I love caves and stop whenever I see one), but there is so much more to see in the ocean. It is a must do dive though. I will also do a post on LG about a dive buddy. Thanks

There is a BIG difference in the experience you had at Hidden Worlds and the one you'll have with a private guide. I wasn't overwhelmed with HD. It was cool, but I could take it or leave it. After going a couple times with private guides I am hooked. The best cenote dives I've done so far were with Dennis.

If you're staying at ABR then going to Aventuras everyday to do ocean dives with him might be a bit much since there's a shop right at your resort, as well as 2 others in Akumal within walking distance, and one on Half Moon Bay which about 15 min walk from Akumal Bay.

boomo26:
I am going to be in Cancun Oct 11-14, me and my brother are going to dive at least once. More then welcome to jump in, I am trying to find a good trip right now.

Boomo
Look forward to it Boomo26. getting closer every day. I can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom