Oceans Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went to see Disneys Oceans Movie. It had fantastic video footage but really didn't connect. There was no "plot" or continuity to it.

That being said, what I really would like to see is "The Making of the Movie Ocean" The logistics and filming all over the world would make a great movie.

Ya mean a Disney movie exists that there isn't only one parent, the child must endure a tradegy of some sort, wanders off to find self, finds a friend to help them along and comes back to be the queen/king/victor....
What? no plot to deep dark evil places that scare little kids?

Ya mean a Disney movie exists that there isn't only one parent, the child must endure a tradegy of some sort, wanders off to find self, finds a friend to help them along and comes back to be the queen/king/victor....
What? no plot to deep dark evil places that scare little kids?

It starts with a kid on the beach, looking at the ocean-then a lot of really great U/W videography-and ends with the same kid looking at the ocean.

I think little kids would get fidgety watching it.

One of the most interesting parts of the movie was the end, where they show a box screen of them filming as the credits roll.

You could spend your whole life in the water and not see all the things they show. To get it on video is amazing. I want to see the movie that shows how they get those great shots. I hope they make it.

I definitely recommend it for the photography, incredible scenes. Disney used to make all kinds of really good nature films.

I heard they had some custom made cameras for some of the shots...Hermit Crab wants to see it.. maybe we'll get there this weekend..

That being said, what I really would like to see is "The Making of the Movie Ocean" The logistics and filming all over the world would make a great movie.

I went to Our World Underwater (the Chicago dive show)
One of the presenters were Howard and Michele Hall
Howard Hall Productions

It was interesting to hear them talk about how they made thier latest movie IMAX Under the Sea 3D. They had a special camera and could only shoot film for about 8 minutes and then someone would have to surface with the camera and reload more film.

I would suggest checking out a local dive show...you never know what you will see or hear.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/shows-events/318890-usa-2010-dive-shows-map.html

We really loved it. My 2, 4 and 6 year olds sat through the entire thing and asked a lot of really great questions. My 14 year old was engaged, but of course, wouldn't admit that she liked it. :wink: She said "It was better than sitting at home." But you should have seen her eyes while watching it.
Some footage left me breathless.

I thought it was great. They didn't really get into climate change, pollution, overfishing etc. much, which for me was good. I (and most people) already know about that stuff, and altough that stuff is very important I really just wanted to see the ocean without having to hear about how we're destroying it. Also, I don't really care how shells develop, how many chromatophores a cuttlefish has, how many polyps make up a coral reef, etc. I've been wanting an ocean documentary that was basically just a lot of amazing/beautiful video footage and that's what this was. So if you are expecting an in-depth, intellect-driven documentary you will be dissappointed. But if you go into the film expecting to be visually amazed, you will be and you'll love it.

One of the most interesting parts of the movie was the end, where they show a box screen of them filming as the credits roll.

You could spend your whole life in the water and not see all the things they show. To get it on video is amazing. I want to see the movie that shows how they get those great shots. I hope they make it.

Just came back from seeing it, and I agree the footage was amazing.

Especially the diver in black swimming next to the great white for such a long time.

I saw it and I loved it…I want to see it again but thing is it's a very sort that’s why I am sad...Finally i am saying is its superb....

Sorry, didnt do it for me. No plot...boring narration and thought the footage was OK, not great. My kids felt the same way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom