OceanLog v. 2.2.2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I typically do post versions on scubaboard prior to making it available to the general public - we had committed to getting this version out Friday, which we did - without the typical evaluation. Chances are, it won't happen again.

Thanks to all for your continued support - I'm expecting to have a new beta release for you guys to try to break tomorrow. I'll post it here.

Thanks. We will do our best. :D

I typically do post versions on scubaboard prior to making it available to the general public - we had committed to getting this version out Friday, which we did - without the typical evaluation. Chances are, it won't happen again.

Thanks to all for your continued support - I'm expecting to have a new beta release for you guys to try to break tomorrow. I'll post it here.

Hammers are ready!

Doug did send a link to some of us for beta testing. I agree it is a good idea and as mentioned worked well in the past.
When you say "easy way to share data" do you mean above and beyond just copying the log file from one PC to the other? Do you mean a synchronization kinda thing?
I find that if I copy the log file I get everything except pictures.
An emphatic agreement on the concept of batch changes for fields. Just click on the dives to select them and then change the fields you want to change.. a la iTunes. Would save me a lot of typing and clicking.

Many of us (divers) travel with a laptop. I would love to be able to sync the log with my travel laptop and my home/office PC.
However that's accomplished, it should be simple.

Tried the new beta version. Everything seems to work apart from the Gear Bag retaining the weight data.

we had committed to getting this version out Friday, which we did - without the typical evaluation.

Those in the software industry know there's 4 variables in software development:

1. Features
2. Budget
3. Schedule
4. Quality

You get to define any 3, the 4th is governed by your choices. It's a typical mistake to set 1-3 and let quality suffer. I'm sure most of your users would rather let the schedule or new functionality slip to ensure quality.

Doug I commend you and Oceanic for listening to us. This makes me glad that our voices do not fall on deaf ears. As I have been committed to your products, I appreciate you comming forward and recognizing issues. Thanks for not hiding from us when we show concern. I understand that we all want a better product and also there will always be bugs, that is the day to day life of softwares..But I am sure we can help you get the best product out there...thanks...

OK, I admit I'm a little late to the 2.2.2/2.2.3 party, but why did you guys take the dive site and location off of the main dive info page?

BTW, I installed 2.2.3 and all of my dives are ther. Just tougher to understand............

Ok Doug the new version is a significant improvement.
I'd call it useable with a note that users must enter data into the location field or the country field will not hold when you change from the dive to another.
I had a couple of dives in Aruba within my log I set the dive sites and the country but without a location field it wouldn't hold so a put NA in the field to hold it. I suspect that if I try to use NA again it will select Aruba for me and I may need to use a different holder in the location field. For this reason I'm suggesting that you have the location field unlinked from the other data.
The only other flaw I have found at this point is in the printed dive details chart.
Air time remaining data does not match the on screen data and does not seem to be the data type for that columm.

Doug

It seems to work much better. My locations etc seem to hold. I will try and print a log to see if it matches

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom