OceanLog USB PC Interface Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTDivers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Fellow Scuba-Heads of the Oceanic World: :D

We were wondering if anyone knows if you have to really load an earlier version of the software needed to drive the downloads from a ProPlus 2 before installing the 23 meg download/upgrade from the Oceanic web site???? At least that is what the site claims.

We began or I should say "wanted" to load my wife's software for her new ProPlus 2 so we could get all of her vacation dive off loaded. However, we pulled out the USB PC disk and discovered that is was cracked, scratched, and fractured in several places, but the top label is in perfect condition give no pre warning that all hell was about to break loose with the computer when the disk was inserted. Never had a disk frag out in my drive before so it was rather entertaining listening to e the shards fly around. :11: I know that the logical thing would be to take it back to the store, however since we live SEVERAL miles from the store and it would be a two and a half hour round trip...is there an easier way to get the software?

The disk we currently have/had is version 1.0.1

Any advise before connecting the dive computer for the first time?

Thanks

I had to get the download - I have had my pro plus 2 for nearly a year and a half now and it NEVER has downloaded into my computer. I have tried two laptops and my desktop and did all the trouble shooting tips with no success

Like the puter though even though it appears useless to download dive info

David

I had to get the download - I have had my pro plus 2 for nearly a year and a half now and it NEVER has downloaded into my computer. I have tried two laptops and my desktop and did all the trouble shooting tips with no success

Like the puter though even though it appears useless to download dive info

David

Have you tried calling Oceanic technical support?

No

Took it to the dive shop I purchased and the adapter they gave me was swapped out and still did not load data - It's not that big a deal to me - I have a log - dive once a month and no deco dives - maybe I am just too easy going

David

JT -- Don't bother with the version that came with the PP2. Just go ahead and download the current version from Oceanic.

David -- I would contact Oceanic support. You paid $100 for the download cable, you should be able to use it. I'll be happy to help you as well.

Back
Top Bottom