Oceanlog not adding new dives from Geo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjfwoodhurst

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just tried downloading my latest week's dives form my geo the my Oceanlog. The download all seems to work fine - I can select and save the dives I want. However, when I then go back to the Oceanlog 'Dives' section, the new dives are not there. I haven't used it for a while so may have forgotten some key step - any ideas?

It sounds like you're following the right process.

You click on "+" on Oceanlog to add dives, then follow the prompts to your PDC. Connect your PDC, click on ">" to download the dives, then select the dives you want to save, and click "SAVE DIVES".

The you should be sent back to Oceanlog with the dives saved.

Is this the process you followed?

Have you tried downloading and saving again?

yes, that's the process I followed - but when I get back to Oceanlog, the new dives are not there.. have tried several times with the same result

What version of Oceanlog are you using?

it's 2.2.6 - it updated to this version last week, which may perhaps be part of the problem, as it worked fine before

It could very well be an issue with the new version. But this has been an issue for different people with different versions. I don't know that anybody has ever found the common thread.

When you installed the new version, did you uninstall the old version, then install the new?

I had a similar problem a while back with 2.2.5 what finally solved the issue for me was to re-install the download adapter driver and switching to a different USB port on my computer after doing this and checking that it worked, I was able to return to using the original port.

sorry for the silence - had router probs. thanks for the advice everyone. I managed to load the dives into a new user log and then export from that and import them into my own dive log, so at least the data is there now. it may be that my log file is the iussue, so I may try exporting all of those dives then importing to a new file to see if that straightens it (pain in the neck though as you seem to have to import one dive file at a time, and some of the data, such as temperatures, goes skewiff)

btw, what did you mean by the 'download adapter driver' that was reinstalled?

when attempting to download dive data from the computer although the software reported a handshake and started downloading data it did not complete but did give a dive list to check off and save data. This data was however blank (nothing in any fields) so I erased that dive from Oceanlog.
From Oceanic's website you can download the drivers for the download adapter seperately from the oceanlog software. I then ran that driver install. rebooted and changed the USB port I was using on my computer for the adapter. This caused a reload of the adapter software.
I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 7 and yesterday attempted a download for the first time since. The problem reappeared. This time knowing I had the correct driver.
After a reboot Windows 7 informed me that because of the error it was going to run Oceanlog in compatibilty mode. An attempt to download caused a runtime error. After another reboot and a USB port change the software operated normally and I was able to download my new dive data into my log.
It seems to me that in some way Oceanlog and the adapter driver are in sync and an upgrade or change of some other software may break that link. Rebooting was just to clear any error code that may be used in Oceanlog. Changing the USB port seems to refresh the adapter info into Oceanlog for use.
Why it works I don't know for sure but this is the second time I've had to change USB ports before Oceanlog would operate properly.

just downloaded and installed the driver, went to connect the geo - and the battery's dead :shakehead:! jeez, someone up there really doesn't want me to download these dives!! will have a go once I've sorted a new battery....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom